Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

60 minutes of Porsche Ownership

Sounds like a result! Congratulations on staying positive and patient with the dealer :thumbs:

good result

Hi
Great that the warranty company coughed up. Totally makes sense to get the other work done. Hope there are not too many sleeps before collection of the car.

regards
Glen

Well done Richard, great result!

Would be interested to hear (eventually) what the dealer / warranty is covering by way of the rebuild and what betterment work you have agreed to.

Once it's all done, you can tell us the dealer and warranty company.

I agree, wise to upgrade it a bit at your cost while its being done!

good news and keep us updated :)

Only silence from all those saying the OP must give the car back for a refund.

Poker2009 said:

Without knowing everything why would we comment? Like you (I'm sure) we are waiting to hear the full story given all the OP said was...

rocket_richard said:
I have agreed to make a contribution towards some substantial betterment. Whilst the engine is being rebuilt, I think it would be foolish not to take this opportunity to 'future proof' the engine and get the job done properly.

This could mean the Insurance company is only paying for the damaged parts in which case i would still have walked away.

Good stuff and I wouldn't have walked away either.

A Hartech rebuilt 997 gives both peace of mind and a added value.

I wouldn't touch a 997 without either an OPC warranty or a Hartech rebuild.

:)

Sounds like a good result :thumb:

I must admit my first reaction would have been to demand my money back but I probably don't possess the OPs patience! Bitter previous experience has tainted my view of all things related to car salesmen!

I spent an hour and a half with Grant at Hartech last week and I can assure you your car is in good hands. Some betterment is a no brainier while the engine is out and you will end up with a solid car without the usual 997 worries!

7and911 said:
I thought Hartec has a waiting list of a few weeks. May be I was wrong.

Good luck Richard :thumb:

Hartech have a production line set up so cars can be slotted in fairly easily, but the whole process from start to finish can be 3 - 5 weeks depending on what is being done.

I believe they get a lot busier about this time of year as owners get their cars out of storage and discover problems or want their cars sorting in time for spring/summer!

Hopefully the OP (and me :D ) have avoided the rush

Grant has been excellent at guiding me through this unfortunate time and I have relied on his knowledge and experience. One thing was certain from the outset, if it wasn't a Hartech rebuild, I would have politely asked for my money back.

I really don't want to go into too much detail; it is safe to say that the engine will have all the upgrades to give me piece of mind. The cost of these betterments really is just an investment in the future, I would rather pay a little now rather than more later.

I have never wanted to be anything but fair with all parties, others will pay for the damage to the engine and it would be unreasonable to expect others to pay to upgrade the engine.

However, it's still hard to come home to an empty drive.....

Glad you're getting this sorted, it'll be worth the wait :thumb:

I was in hartech on Thursday and think I saw your car.

Poker2009 said:

No silence from me, I would have grabbed a refund and got myself another car by now.
We will never know the full cost of all of this. We have no idea who the dealer is, we don't know, or probably ever will the cost of all of these 'improvements' that are being done.
I have to admire the buyers patience, I just couldn't sleep at night knowing my car blew up after 60 minutes and is now in bits all over a workshop bench!
As I said in the beginning I really hope that this is all settled and the buyer gets his car, as I said before there are to many 'what ifs'.

Once the dust has settled and I have my car I will post a few more details but, one thing is for sure, I am not paying for anything other than absolute improvements. I can't think why I would allow myself to get financially disadvantaged.

I still have consumer rights legislation on my side, legal advice, good communications with all the parties involved and an incredible amount of patience. As for sleeping at night, not a problem for me but thank you for your concern.

I am still immensely grateful for the comments, even the negative ones as they do add balance to my through process. I'll get my car soon enough and I really hope it's worth waiting for.

I too am not sure that I would be happy for a new purchase to be off the road for such a period of time ... around 10 weeks, having only had a very limited amount of use from it before it failed. I do admire the OP's patience with the dealer and hope it all ends well as I am sure it shall. We are entitled to our opinions and the OP did ask for them - he got them and some will differ :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back