Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

lee's 996 C4 project thread

Good work Lee. Good to see you're still tinkering and perfecting things.

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into mine next year.

Would you know the aux belt size that was fitted along with your under drive pulley?

I will try a search with the part number off the photo you posted and see what it turns up :thumb:

Harv said:
Would you know the aux belt size that was fitted along with your under drive pulley?

I will try a search with the part number off the photo you posted and see what it turns up :thumb:

sorry buddy totally missed this post
i got it from design 911 and think the part number is on there :thumb:

Couple of minor updates
Major service done recently

Fitted a cheap mobile phone holder so I could use it as a sat Nav easily

Even though they weren't particularly bad just yellowing a touch I removed the headlights and used the meguirs one step kit
Completed one on the left for comparison

And decided I'm going to try a 911 badge on the rear instead of the c4

And lastly booked into centre of gravity on the 4th March for new top mounts bump stops and coffin arms as well as anything else needing replacing and setting up

Great thread and great read. Look forwards to seeing the freshened lights go on and new badge.

I'm really enjoying reading your thread well done for documenting all the mods.

Certainly giving me quite a few ideas.

Great to see how things are developing.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for all the comments guys
Today i Got round to fitting the 911 badge today and think I prefer it

So a before

And after

I was tempted to move it further down as per where the 996.2 has it but decided to stay true to the 996.1

I've always been a bit against fitting a 911 badge but I have to say it looks really good on your car quite understated and is an excellent alternative.

:thumb:

Hi lee,

lovey car mate, some nice mods done there !! looks great.

I was thinking of getting the RSS under drive pulley done myself, reading your thread has just talked me into getting it done :worship:

Keep up the good work !!

Craig

Me too. ^^^^

A quick question Lee. I'm reading a bit about increased water temps after fitting Under drive pulley as it spins pump slower, obviously.
Can you confirm or quash this please?
I'd hate to fit my LTT only to cancel it out with under drive pulley.

Nice work with the badge too. Nice touch :thumb:

The LTT should control the temperature. The only reason it will rise above the thermostat temp is if the engine is putting out more heat than the cooling system can disperse and the the underdrive water pump could affect that whichever thermostat you fit.
If you are driving that hard or in high ambient temps, I wouldn't fit the under drive pulley anyway.

There was a magazine test of the underdrive pulley including before and after dyno tests and they saw no difference! I think it was probably 911 and Porsche World, I'll try to find it.

Mike

Great. That sounds fine then. Definitely on my to do list eventually.

Thanks for the info Mike. :thumb:

Sorry Marky, re-reading my post I wasn't really clear!

The magazine article didn't find any performance improvement in their dyno test. I haven't managed to find it yet but I did read it recently in an old mag.

Ah right. I'll keep on reading until nearer the time I'm ready to buy anyway, as it's on my radar but not a priority.

So far, from what I've read, it seems like one of those mods that alters feel more than it alters actual power. A bit like a single mass flywheel maybe, as they don't add any horsepower but make a big difference to the feel and pick up of the car.
I'm in no way expecting a UDP to alter feel anything like a LWFW obviously. :wink:

Thanks. :thumb:

Can't remember where but saw dyno results showing they made between 5 and 8 hp at the wheels which I can well believe as I definitely felt the improvement
And added bonus is the steering felt slightly heavier
And no problems with the temperature at all (since fitting new resistors anyway lol)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back