Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

life of Cup2's ?

david_yorkshire

morning all;

My car has Cup2 tyres fitted.

Tread depth:

FR - 5mm
FL - 5mm
RR - 4.5mm
RL - 4.5mm

date stamp on tyres

FR - 39/14
FL - 09/14
RR - 11/14
RL - 12/14

other than accepting that I'm driving like a wuss, I would have thought more wear on the tyres.
However, given there age, would you think that they have 'gone off' ?

I've experienced old tyres previously, on my 996 GT3;
they were so bad I could not get the car to oversteer, despite aggressive provocation (on an airfield, doing all the things you're not supposed to do with a 911!)
changing new tyres to new ones restored the status quo.

(BTW, car is stored in garage when not in use)

cheers
David

They're all less than 3 years old, so should still be good...

Cup2s last for ages. The reason is because they have a multi-compound construction like performance bike tyres so the inner shoulder doesn't evaporate in 5000 road miles or less like the old Cup did. They will be fine based on the information that you have. However - if they have done a lot of heat cycles of track they can get well past their best even with plenty of tread still left.

I did 5 trackdays last year - only one was dry - and that was Oulton, so fairly chilly.
Dont think they were particularly hard heat cycled.
I'll see how they perform next Friday :)

I've had 10 TDs out 1 set of Cup 2, they do seem to last.

Great tyre that seems to last ages. Not quite as great as the previous one but hair splitting really.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back