Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

A mate whacked some on his 997 and they didn't require any holes. On the original Cayman, they are supposed to be held in place with a self tapping screw that goes into original plastic.

I didn't bother with that, I just used a small cable tie to hold mine in place. My grills are black so a black cable tie is pretty inconspicuous. In the Spring I'm going to remove the front bumper for a Spring Clean of the rads, I figure then, I'll be able to get a cable tie onto the grills even more subtly.

Made an extension for my Dyson to remove as much cr4p as I could before putting the grills on.

If ever been swaying back and forth between a 981 Boxster and a Macan and was starting to feel the Macan was winning (possibly because I'm in the US driving a huge GMC Arcadia to the Shipyard each morning). However after seeing these photos I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a GTS.

isysman said:
If ever been saying back and forth between a 981 Boxster and a Macan and was starting to feel the Macan was winning (possibly because I'm in the US driving a huge GMC Arcadia to the Shipyard each morning). However after seeing these photos I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a GTS.

He he - this was exact same first world dilemma back in 2015 😀

BGTS won👍

What didn't help was the 'crazy to me' system of separate queues for each Macan model, so if you change your mind and decide you want a turbo or the n/a petrol cars then you lose your slot in the queue you started in and go to the back of the queue for the other one. Maybe it makes sense to someone, but frankly not to me!

I think they are a combination of push fittings and brackets. There are no screws in the kit.

I was not going to drive the GTS for a week or so due to work / golf holiday but..... today I got a spare hour. It was freezing but the sky was blue so I thought why not, my first ride with roof down......

So heated seats on, woolly hat, climate on hot and off I set.

I had a fantastic hour taking the coast road to Southport, some great overtaking points in lightish traffic.

Well I have not had as much fun in a car for a long time. The car just feels so light and small compared to what I'm used to nowadays and gives so much confidence in its ability. To be frank I was a driving god today, that's how good the car was. The speed off the line caught me out a couple of times snapping me back in the seat, awesome.

I won't go on about the sound again but ahhhhhhhhhhh sublime.

On the return trip I found myself braking late just to get the PDK short shifting down the gears with that sublime overrun and blip of the throttle, very addictive.

Its a long time since I've driven a convertible in the winter, what great fun.

And to prove the roof has at least been down for pics, I took this when back home just before trying out the remote close...

Sounds amazing, I've just come back form the mainland, way too cold for roof down tom foolery.

So a combination of holiday and working away meant that I'd not really had chance to drive the car on my local roads to get to know it...... well that changed last weekend.

One thing that has really surprised me driving around is that amount of attention the car gets. I'm lucky enough to drive plenty of exotica and there are different types of attention. As always Porsche is on the pleasant side but the Boxster just gets more than I was expecting. I think its a combination of the noise, which has people noticeably turning around to see what coming and the looks which keeps their attention (my default is Sports and PSE on)

I took the opportunity of a free weekend to drive the car as much as I could. I also managed a quick visit to a local car meet on the Liverpool waterfront. The fact I had told SWMBO I was just nipping to my office which was nearby meant I could not stay long. Not many porsche classics present as the weather was still wintery but still some nice pork on show including a 991 GT3RS and 996 GT2 .....

Lovely car Jonttt. I'm amazed you parted with your beloved Z3M roadster though. I know everything has a price, but won't you miss her?

Yep I do, it was irreplaceable but it had become an investment car and not one to be driven. I did not plan to sell it but when it happened it made the decision to get a convertible I could actually drive all the more justifiable.

Last week I did Liverpool to Glasgow and Liverpool to Sussex in the RR and it was so nice at the weekend to get behind the wheel of the Boxster despite the crap weather and just drive a total contrast for the fun of it. I think it will become a true weekend car in the sense that I will actually drive it at weekends no matter what the weather. Its then equally great to get behind the wheel of the RR again for the motorway slogs. Best of both worlds and I'm so pleased with the car :thumb:

I just need to figure out now where the 993 fits into my plans this year :dont know:

Uh oh, now it's sounding like the 993 is on the ropes too!

I do get where you're coming from. Hobby cars are a lovely thing, but you need time make to use them. And finding time for two is twice as hard. Without use the bond gets lost and you start wondering why.

With a new daily, as you've said, you can enjoy carefree in all weather.

No the 993 is not on the ropes, I just need to decide will I actually drive it or do I move it to my underground storage :?:

Looks incredible. I have to say I don't have the noise (either engine or PSE) but I have to agree I've had more comments about the 981 in a week than I had about the 997 in a year

The 981 is such a good looking car :thumb:

Nice to see the car getting used. I'm hoping to get to the Cars & Coffee in the summer when my car is completed.

Would be great to see it in the flesh :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back