Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE actuators/vacuum units

trig_112

Has anyone had the need to replace the actuators on the 996 PSE?

I'm trying to refurb my exhaust boxes and get the switchable system working again. The issues I had switching the car to quiet came from the male ball stud fittings being stuck in their female counterparts, plus a snapped actuator rod

One came free with a bit of Plusgas, the other was seized and snapped off the backbox, so I need to source a new stud to weld on.

I need to source a new actuator as I have made one good one out of the pair. Design 911 have one listed, but I was wondering if anyone else has had to replace one and found a better supply option?

I tried ringing the local OPC this morning. There is a superseded part number apparently and the actuator can only be had with a new box. £2.1k for a new box. Err, thanks for looking, I won't be placing an order.

I have tried searching the forum for info on these but the search seems to return every thread since the beginning of time, so clearly I'm doing something wrong.

I believe that the 997 part number for the actuator is compatible. I checked with my OPC and there was no stock on their system but a few online places had them listed. I think they were around £100 each.

MC

I can tell you they are made by Peirburg and maybe avail direct, I would be interested to know.

To help a little more I also discovered it's the same valve which is used on the Ferrari 430 and other models but doubt that will translate into a cheaper price option.

One of mine was also seized but free'd off but the other failed internally and I managed to find a 997 NOS one eBay for £50

try calling top gear exhaust in bridport - they use the same actuators on their boxes i reckon - at least the ones on my switchable topgear system look remarkably similar!

Thanks for the replies.

With your info I got on to my next closest OPC. Much more helpful.

The 997 items are out of stock in the UK and Germany and would have been around £95. He did find a couple of other parts that are in stock but he isn't 100% sure they will be right based on the description he was seeing.

I fired over a few pictures and measurements, he is going to get the bits in and see how they measure up.

Please update when you are sorted. Mine are both holding with a bodge and I would prefer new units.

MC

Apologies to MC and anyone else looking for the conclusion.

Both of my closest OPS's were useless. I've got a chocolate teapot on order ready for the next time I have to ring one of them.

Design911 on the other hand, they had exactly what I wanted.

trig_112 said:
Apologies to MC and anyone else looking for the conclusion.

Both of my closest OPS's were useless. I've got a chocolate teapot on order ready for the next time I have to ring one of them.

Design911 on the other hand, they had exactly what I wanted.

Finally D911 coming up trumps :thumb: they must have sacked the usual puppet :grin: what money were they compared to the opc £95 out of stock ones :thumb:

As an alternative, this lot popped up on FB...
http://www.helical-technology.com/exhaust-valves/

They appear to do straight swaps for the dodgy Porsche ones which seem failure-prone, and they supply to Fabspeed.

I have contacted them to see if they offer a direct fit replacement for the vacuum actuator.

I had issues and found sourcing a new one tricky, so went to a mate's Workshop and got my hands dirty.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127413

I now run around with the PSE off as I warm her up then switch PSE on after 7 miles. This way it doesn't spend every minute with the actuators in the PSE on position as it did for over a year under my ownership.

That reminds me, I'm gonna spray some WD40 into this ball joints this coming weekend.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back