Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Freddie44's / London Classica - 997.1 GT3 CS running report

Well after going private (thanks NHS for nothing!) turns out I've got a slipped disc in my neck :frustrated: ... too much of this :drive:

I'm going to have to lay the GT3 up for a while (and count down the days to drive her again. :sad: !!) so what's the best trickle charger to buy please?

CTEK 5.0 is fine. you don't need to spend a fortune for it to work.

Thanks man.. ordered one of them :thumb:

Brill to get the GT3 back up to London via Sids @ Porsche Torque for a look over. She had to have a rest at my dads house these past 5 (long!) months but my stupid necks improving enough to think about at least some road trips this year

Took her out for coffee in Nottinghill on Saturday morning. Why not! 8)

IMG_6900_zpsfae2u4fo.jpg

Afternoon. Does anyone know where you can purchase the black Nomex material for the 997 Clubsport seats? We're having some trouble sourcing some

2Z7Y6gYx.jpg

in the past Southbound have been able to offer/source pretty much any leather/vinyl/pascha that Porsche has used in our cars. Perhaps worth giving them a call? Always have found them very helpful and friendly.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Cheburator said:
in the past Southbound have been able to offer/source pretty much any leather/vinyl/pascha that Porsche has used in our cars. Perhaps worth giving them a call? Always have found them very helpful and friendly.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Thanks a lot Alex, I'll give them a ring this morning!

My last post was a year ago and in that time the GT3 has received what can only be described as "some pampering" whilst it patiently waits as i work to get my neck/back in shape so as to drive her as the makers intended.

The drivers bucket seat was re-trimmed in Nomex in one small area and whilst that was being done the wheel was re-trimmed OEM with the addition of a small RS yellow flick. by Strong & Turton Ltd in Brentford check them out very good indeed.

90rbyx.jpg

jr323q.jpg

Servicing and general love continues with Sid at Porsche Torque with the addition of Pagid RS29 brake pads on the last service which are a very good mod indeed. Also had the radio deleted with tray added. purchased from Porsche Chiswick.

rbe4iw.jpg

New Bose "system" installed for long drives

21odjl.jpg

Original Bilstein dampers were recently refurbed (by Bilstein) and the chassis set up (think "mountain pass" setup) for this years planned road trips by the awesome Centre Gravity. Great outfit and the car now feels fresh and more drivable overall; perfect for my current situation.

vpyip1.jpg

Sony got in touch and wanted to have the GT3 for the next Grand Turismo game so she was taken away and sound recorded/image captured 5000 pics for Polyphony in Japan.
More to follow on this, not allowed to share anything at the mo.

vytdsn.jpg

Future plan is to get totally fit and just enjoy driving her. First road trip is in a few weeks with a drive to Dijon - Annecy - Route Napoleon - Lorgues - Nice - with all the exciting roads inbetween. Counting down the days to this!

Hi Freddie

Your car is looking lovely. Hope your getting fit now to enjoy her again.
I'm off to Lyon then Cannes, via Route Napoleon. Then to Monaco. Then of to Genoa and Portofino in Italy. My first European tour in my car since I got it 51/2 years ago. Had my front shocks done at CG a day after you.
Regards
Darren

freddie44 said:
Sony got in touch and wanted to have the GT3 for the next Grand Turismo game so she was taken away and sound recorded/image captured 5000 pics for Polyphony in Japan.
More to follow on this, not allowed to share anything at the mo

:eek:

How the hell did that happen :dont know:

Did some one from Sony follow you home :grin:

Can't wait to hear about it, would be so cool to have your own car in a game :worship:

:thumb:

evodarren said:
Hi Freddie

Your car is looking lovely. Hope your getting fit now to enjoy her again.
I'm off to Lyon then Cannes, via Route Napoleon. Then to Monaco. Then of to Genoa and Portofino in Italy. My first European tour in my car since I got it 51/2 years ago. Had my front shocks done at CG a day after you.
Regards
Darren

They're really good for road trips - the warp speed option helps I think
Your destinations sound fun. We went to Genoa in the duetto a few years ago and stayed in the Grand Hotel Savoia - nice roof-top bar up there to enjoy the views

HSC911 said:
freddie44 said:
More to follow on this, not allowed to share anything at the mo

:eek:

How the hell did that happen :dont know:

Did some one from Sony follow you home :grin:

Can't wait to hear about it, would be so cool to have your own car in a game :worship:

:thumb:

She's going to be THE one in the game. Might have to buy a Playstation!

freddie44 said:
She's going to be THE one in the game. Might have to buy a Playstation!
Keep us updated as and when you can spill the beans!

In the meantime, I think I might have to get a Playstation (again) too! I have a very, very similar car to yours.

IoXM8Mn5.jpg

Also thinking of PCM delete because it's so useless, but probably fitting a decent NAV/DAB/iPod head unit.

Nice one Digga :thumb: Will do!

Even in a 2018 car I tend to use Google maps though
And the GT3 makes 105db of sweet music..

Hi Freddie, good to see you're getting active with the GT3, sounds like more than when I came by your office to pick up the steering wheel last year, after which a kerb jumped out and dinged a rear wheel on my way over to Sid's :x

Also saw your car at CG, mine was in for some new bits and a more friendly set up, allowing it to 'breathe" as Chris put it. Just as well as I've been commuting in it more than planned, so your enthusiasm to get back in yours is a great antedote.

Best of luck with that and also with the Sony stuff, very interesting, my son is an avid PlayStation gamer and I'd be more than happy to get him a game featuring a GT3 I know :wink:

By the way, like the Bose soundlink idea, do you fix it in any way back there or does it just sit there?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back