Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

996ttalot said:
I won't make a comment on the condition of the car as that would be inappropriate - we have seen it just the once last month for a geometry. As always anyone interested in the car should do their own checks on the car.

Ken
Given what is now in the public domain, surely any prospective buyer is going to need to get it onto a full laser alignment ramp to check it?

I think the point is the advert says its totally original, unmarked, as new etc etc.

which its clearly not and its a well known car so the seller should be noting this and removing that verbiage from the advert.

the painting of the RS spoiler and no end caps is just school boy stuff really!! and it just draws attention and questions from the well trained eye which most buyers of this would be.

its a mis leading advert regardless of what happened and how its been repaired. not cool.

Just goes to show. With no CAT C/D showing up and 2 dealers that surely know the history, you can never be too careful...

Attachments

• lasourcegt3_352.jpg
    lasourcegt3_352.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 5,993
  • lasourcegt3_2_188.jpg
    lasourcegt3_2_188.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 5,991
Diggermeister said:
996ttalot said:
I won't make a comment on the condition of the car as that would be inappropriate - we have seen it just the once last month for a geometry. As always anyone interested in the car should do their own checks on the car.

Ken
Given what is now in the public domain, surely any prospective buyer is going to need to get it onto a full laser alignment ramp to check it?
Yes absolutely.

'untouched and all original paint' - front end... Jeez

"All it needs is a new drivers mat"

from CoPart https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/27844046?searchId=6551018

Car is a CAT U - Used Unrecorded

There is damage that needed to be repaired but certainly not extensive.

Sensibly repaired and extensively checked, as it has been said 'caveat emptor'

The car should however be priced based on the above, that is the issue.

Attachments

• 7e5ebe9f_e3d7_4c3b_89a4_5d1fafc2f766_866.jpg
    7e5ebe9f_e3d7_4c3b_89a4_5d1fafc2f766_866.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 7,213
  • 9be872db_41ca_489e_9b5f_730eb39eebf0_162.jpg
    9be872db_41ca_489e_9b5f_730eb39eebf0_162.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7,213
  • 2de78f72_b78c_48be_a4fd_5cea5882189f_153.jpg
    2de78f72_b78c_48be_a4fd_5cea5882189f_153.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 7,213
  • 07f8074a_b433_4659_b23b_e0e0a2a5f3fa_130.jpg
    07f8074a_b433_4659_b23b_e0e0a2a5f3fa_130.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 7,213
From my understanding, track damage is never recorded/classified as a c/d so it in theory, doesnt need to be disclosed

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I phoned this garage a week or so ago as I was interested in the car. The car is on sale or return there. The sales manager told me that the car is currently under the ownsership of a lady owner and everything seemed in order until he mentioned the 4 year service gap.... when I asked about this he said it had been in long term storage. I asked him if he could provide any evidence of this with receipts as that's a long time not to have the car serviced even if it hasn't turned a wheel!

He was supposed to phone me back but never did...

Suffice to say, I didn't bother calling back. I'm tempted to ring them back and point this out to and hopefully stop someone getting ripped off!!!!

Fourmotion said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I phoned this garage a week or so ago as I was interested in the car. The car is on sale or return there. The sales manager told me that the car is currently under the ownsership of a lady owner and everything seemed in order until he mentioned the 4 year service gap.... when I asked about this he said it had been in long term storage. I asked him if he could provide any evidence of this with receipts as that's a long time not to have the car serviced even if it hasn't turned a wheel!

He was supposed to phone me back but never did...

Suffice to say, I didn't bother calling back. I'm tempted to ring them back and point this out to and hopefully stop someone getting ripped off!!!!

Good Afternoon all,

I am Sam Howell the Marketing Manager at Prestige Cars Kent. I am in charge of completing all advertisements & photos / videos of the vehicles in stock.

Around 15 minutes ago I had been alarmed by this news. The car in the flesh appears in great condition.. Not in a million years would we sell a vehicle with a history like this car has had. Being a petrol head myself I embarrassed to have been fooled by this GT3.

We have been provided with extensive history with the vehicle & we questioned the gap in the mileage. But we had been told the vehicle had been stored. ( This matched up with the MOT's, service history & ownership ). Our sales manager was answering your questions with the paperwork he had in front of him.

As well as all of the above we completed a full HPI check & we thoroughly looked over the vehicle before agreeing to sell the vehicle.

Thank you very much for your phone call; the vehicle has been taken offline with immediate effect.

I can only apologize on behalf of Prestige Cars Kent that we advertised this car without knowing the true track history of the car. I would like to thank you all at 911 UK for pointing this out to us, we thoroughly appreciate the information you have provided us.

Regards,

Sam Howell

Obviously when you are buying a car it would be nice to know the entire history of a car.

But with some of these cars getting on for 20 years old, most will have had some paint, maybe some metal work, some maybe a little bump that's been sorted. It seems that folk can be really picky about this sort of stuff. For me it's more about ensuring the car is correct and if it has had some work then the work has been carried out to a high standard.

I have an early car that has been restored. During the restoration we found that the near side front wing had been replaced at some point in its 47 years, and it doesn't keep me awake at night.

The work that was carried out on my 1970 911 shell during the restoration was far more serious and intrusive than the car above. It seems that it's perfectly okay rip apart a shell and repair it as long as it's done correctly, in fact I think it actually adds value to my early car. Now I realise that the restoration on my shell was carried out due to corrosion not accident damage but it's all just metal.

It makes me wonder how old the 996 will need to be before we except that most will have had some metal work......

Here's my shell at its worst.

Johns22E861.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back