Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AFD 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisT70

George Eaton said:
Hello again, I learnt my lesson from last time and saved this page in my "Favourites". Today is a good day as I have agreed the sale of my 993 this very morning (and without even having to service or tax it!) and now all I need to do is look forward to my new Boxster 718. "T8" - thank you for teaching me something new again regarding "OPC". My car has indeed been looked after since new by an "OPC" - both here in the UK, since my retirement, and during my Rheindahlen medical corps days. "OPC" would be "Porsche Zentrum" in German - I think it was Porsche Zentrum Willich who serviced the 993. "tim993" - my car is the basic Boxster 718, not the S. It is plenty fast enough for me, and much quicker than the 993. I haven't added that many options. I was quite happy with the standard suspension and standard wheels (the tyres will be cheaper too). I did add a few creature comforts the XF offers:- Black leather heated seats, parking sensors at the front and the rear, folding wing-mirrors, cruise control, and the map option for the large display unit. Even in standard specification there will be many functions I will never use! I really like the contrasting side vents in black, to my eye they match the convertible roof.

out of interest, did you sell privately or to a dealer, and i do hope you got more than £30k George!
:thumb:

George - it sounds perfect

In case we were slightly cross purposes: The air vent slats I mean are the interior ones as I agree the external work well in black. The interior ones are a lovely Exclusive option and I think really lift the cabin without being 'too much'. Don't know why I didn't really, by I'd kind of handed over all interior design decisions to the Mrs at that point...

I did make a very late change to add PTV as it was a bargain not to be missed that could never be retro-fitted. I did not tell the Mrs as she'd already scrubbed it once from the list when the sales lady had told her I didn't need it...

jonttt said:
tim993 said:
What options are you going for on the new 718 and is your build now 'locked'?

I agonised for ages over these back in 2015 and must have changed the spec half a dozen times before finalising it. There's only 2 or 3 options I regret not going for: leather covered sun visors (the GTS has lots of leather), painted air vent slats (tarty but nice) and PCCB (but I simply could not afford these at the time).

A mate of mine has a completely standard non-S car though and that in itself is just right too.

I'm still intrigued what you're going for!

No no no, the painted air vent slats are so.........American :hand:

PCCB's I love the idea of but really, track guys don't like them despite the mass reduction and they are overkill for road use, why would you ?

Sounds to me like you have missed out on the right options not to have :wink:

Keep telling me that as it eases the pain of regret!

George Eaton said:
Hello again, I learnt my lesson from last time and saved this page in my "Favourites". Today is a good day as I have agreed the sale of my 993 this very morning (and without even having to service or tax it!) and now all I need to do is look forward to my new Boxster 718. "T8" - thank you for teaching me something new again regarding "OPC". My car has indeed been looked after since new by an "OPC" - both here in the UK, since my retirement, and during my Rheindahlen medical corps days. "OPC" would be "Porsche Zentrum" in German - I think it was Porsche Zentrum Willich who serviced the 993. "tim993" - my car is the basic Boxster 718, not the S. It is plenty fast enough for me, and much quicker than the 993. I haven't added that many options. I was quite happy with the standard suspension and standard wheels (the tyres will be cheaper too). I did add a few creature comforts the XF offers:- Black leather heated seats, parking sensors at the front and the rear, folding wing-mirrors, cruise control, and the map option for the large display unit. Even in standard specification there will be many functions I will never use! I really like the contrasting side vents in black, to my eye they match the convertible roof.

George , If you are based around the Bournemouth area we have a few get together's and you would be welcome to join us either for a curry or a morning run for Breakfast see the meets threads :thumb: :grin:

ChrisT70 said:
The GT4 saga regarding George Eaton selling his 993 ended strangely but many people were not surprised it played out like that, it was a fishy tale right from the start. I can see why parts were removed by moderators when the swearing took off but it seems unfortunately that we aren't allowed to retain the facts of the matter. Fair play to George at least for exposing it for what it was, he wasn't the one ranting and raving and making threats.
Not much point arguing about it tho, the threads been "air brushed " clean now and ain't gonna be reinstated.
For a while at least it was proper car crash fun
:floor:
George, if you are able to read this, you sir are a star :worship:

ps. I hope you enjoy your retirement in the Boxster.

Thankyou for your comments "ChrisT70" and I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner but I don't come on to 911uk very often and wouldn't have seen it -but my attention was drawn to it by one of the members in the 993 section. - I didn't see the swearing etc that you refer to but assume that it was from "GT4". I know that he wasn't happy with the way things turned out but from the information sent to me by a lot of 993 enthusiasts it became clear that I should sell my car myself rather than let him do it for me. - I don't know what you mean by threads being air brushed as I assume that is computer technical speak.

I am indeed looking forward to driving the Boxster as much as I can.

If you ever plan to sell it you could always give GT4 a call. :grin:

dommorton - Thanks - My plan is to keep it for two or three years before even thinking of selling it. - I assume that you were joking although I might give 'GT4' a call for old times sake when the time is right to sell.

I'll offer you £100 more than GT4 offers. I should still be able to make a few thousand profit.

:bandit:

I look forward to your call George - NOT.

Your change of thought about the 993 and the ridiculous way that it all panned out makes me wish I'd never tried to help you out at all.

ps to HSC911. Do me a favour and ***** off.

Are you still around George? It would be good to hear from you. Did you get your Boxster OK?

I hope he is ........ I'm hoping to be back in a Porsche soon ..... hopefully in a Boxster similar to what he was getting.

Sorry that I haven't responded before but I spent most of the last couple of months abroad and haven't had the time to switch on a computer, let alone read about Porsches.
'Johntt'- yes-Thanks. I picked it up from the factory and had a couple of weeks driving it around some old haunts in Germany before a leisurely drive home. By the time I got back to blighty it was nicely run in.
'Madalla'- Yours sounds like a nice motor chum. It would be good to compare notes - although I'm not sure what a 987S is - I assume it's a later version of mine. Does the S means it's triptronic? I upgraded to PDK and think it's brilliant.

eek - I saw somebody mention George Eaton on another thread so thought I'd search to see what it was all about. He seems to have disappeared now but it's good that people still remember him - and his stories. :grin:

boxster

We took Mister Eatons lovely Boxster in for sale today and i was tasked with assessing it. Amazingly after doing 3000 miles in the first few months its now only done 5000 so is in as new condition.

Whilst it was on the ramp mister Eaton came over and we had a brief chat. He's a very nice gentleman and loves motoring but I got the impression he doesnt know much about Porsches .... although he is obviously a fan of them ..... i asked him weather he'd thought of selling the car himself through a forum or something and it was then that he mentioned that he'd been on 911UK when selling his 993. He said it hadn't gone well but that he had been given some good advice which obviously didn't surprise me as I know how well you guys traet newbies.

i told him who Iam and he said his forumname was his real name which is how I found this thread.

anyway, i can vouch that the car is a really good one although it isnt very highly specced but I dont know how much it will be up for. As its so good I thought Id give you the headsup on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back