Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

R8 4.2 anyone else had one?

Looks a beauty buddy :thumb:
I never actually took one for a test drive but the v8 r8 was on my shortlist as well as the Aston v8 vantage

But I could only afford the bottom end of either

Reasonably envious as it's just a gorgeous car to admire by design.

Unfortunately for me it was a resounding NO by the fantastic lady. I suppose she was right as the 911 is used to go to France in.

So congratulations on I would have bought one to.

I wonder what the consensus would be if it were a popularity choice? Is there a bigger wow factor to say you own a Porsche or a Audi? :?:

I'm just interested in how well they drive/handle/sound. This is good for heel n toe plus manual shifting on that lovely alloy gate and as a bonus it looks stunning in blue. I've never owned or wanted an Audi until I recently drove an R8 that was very cheap and it got me thinking about finding a very tidy one. Huge disadvantage of course is this one will cost money as opposed to the 993 but we have toys because we want them not just about investment. I'll get bored eventually no doubt but am chuffed to bits for now.
:thumb:

It looks great Chris very smart :thumb:

I went to look at one a few years ago and would have bought one if I hadn't just meet my current gf. Unfortunately the lack of rear seats persuaded me to buy a 993 2s . Her daughter loved it every time we used it until I swopped it for a gt4 last year.

Maybe your next car :)

Hi Chris,

I hope you are well, I remember meeting you up at CofG must be a year ago now.

Well I sold my 997 GT3 for an R8 GT and I must say I really like the R8.

Yours looks great in Blue, it will definitely grow on you.

Great looking cars, I'd love one.

Prices like everything else interesting and limited seem to be on the up, so I suspect it will remain out of reach!

Skelts said:
Hi Chris,

I hope you are well, I remember meeting you up at CofG must be a year ago now.

Well I sold my 997 GT3 for an R8 GT and I must say I really like the R8.

Yours looks great in Blue, it will definitely grow on you.

Hi there! Yes I recall you and the car, :D
Glad to hear someone else enjoying the change.

Robertb said:
Great looking cars, I'd love one.

Prices like everything else interesting and limited seem to be on the up, so I suspect it will remain out of reach!

I'm not sure, tbh lots of R8 around, the only trick is finding a high spec lower mileage car as there seem to be a lot with decent miles on , they do get used as so easy to drive daily.
I drove one with 60k on it and it was still a nice tight drive, and priced at 40k. I can't see R8 prices doing a deal, standing still would be cool though :)

Zingari said:
Have you got the added LED mood lighting option in the engine bay that some came with :dont know: The wife's hairdressers has that one :thumb:

I'm assuming they didn't actually use it as a works car?

The boot is only just big enough for a pair of GHDs :dont know:

GT4 said:
Zingari said:
Have you got the added LED mood lighting option in the engine bay that some came with :dont know: The wife's hairdressers has that one :thumb:

I'm assuming they didn't actually use it as a works car?

The boot is only just big enough for a pair of GHDs :dont know:

Hey thats as weak as your sales pitch. Keep trying. I've got a stalker have I

R8 absolutely stunning, didn't expect to blow the 993 away but it has.

:floor:

Sorry, that was aimed at Zingers.

Don't worry, not stalking you, I was about to post about a Ferrari Dino, and when I popped into the "Other Performance Marques" sub-forum, I was intrigued at other latest threads.

This was the only one I felt compelled to respond to.

But then Zingers is always good value :thumb:

I looked at an R8 some years ago. Still want to get back into a Fezza (F430 ideally) - perhaps once the 993 is away :?:

GT4 said:
Sorry, that was aimed at Zingers.

Don't worry, not stalking you, I was about to post about a Ferrari Dino, and when I popped into the "Other Performance Marques" sub-forum, I was intrigued at other latest threads.

This was the only one I felt compelled to respond to.

But then Zingers is always good value :thumb:

25 bags?

MC

You can buy a mint v10 R8 for good 993 money. I've a Zingari left over to fund a Z4M coupe if one comes up at the right money as an investment.
Or I might buy another kit to build. Who knows.

ChrisT70 said:
R8 absolutely stunning, didn't expect to blow the 993 away but it has. :floor:

Sorry, just reading your post again, that is one extraordinary comment.

I thought the 996 blew the 993 away :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back