Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange comment from a "gt3" owner

was the bloke wearing a fake Rolex as well :floor: :floor: probably had a pocket full of monopoly money.
It looks ok for a modded boxter but why the GT3 badges its spoils what is a nice kit car if you like that sort of thing. It goes from looking like a cool kit car to looking like a shite replica. :thumb:

I guess it extends to other things like buying fake watches too. For me the buzz of owning an expensive watch would be to know I had worked hard in order to be able buy an expensive watch. I would not get satisfaction from wearing a fake and impressing other people. I guess with clothes etc people may like the style of something and hence get fakes. What made this worse is he went out of his way to insult my car :D

Phil 997 said:
was the bloke wearing a fake Rolex as well :floor: :floor: probably had a pocket full of monopoly money.
It looks ok for a modded boxter but why the GT3 badges its spoils what is a nice kit car if you like that sort of thing. It goes from looking like a cool kit car to looking like a shite replica. :thumb:

Exactly. I used to feel the same when I used have my m3. There isn't an issue making it look like an m3, because they probably like the look but when they start putting m3 badges then probably going too far. But what I never understood is that people that know about cars would know it's a fake m3 and people that don't really know about cars wouldn't know the difference and wouldn't care anyways so what's the point :grin:

I don't mind what people do with old Boxsters ........ but when they badge them something it's not ....... as in a GT3 ....... that's when it pi55es me off ....... and I want to shout "W4NKER" ........ :nooo:

Did the " GT3 " owner manage to get his teeth popped back an at A+E or was it a proper dentist job :?:

It's the pigs ear of an arse on it that looks rubbish. I think

kurlykris said:
Did the " GT3 " owner manage to get his teeth popped back an at A+E or was it a proper dentist job :?:

:grin:

Agreed on the idea of badging something it's not...
Best one I've seen was an Audi A6 1.9TDi RS6...

Don't know who they thought they were fooling!

:floor:

e92 said:
Unfortunately I didn't take any more photos. To be fair from a distance it did look real and I'm sure to the general public it would pass as a gt3. I did a quick google and this is exactly what it looked like, even down to the rims.

https://www.rcnmag.com/news/think-outside-the-boxster

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5888

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/general-kitcar-chat/20430-boxster-gt-conversion-kit.html

Call me dim and make me wear a pointy hat with a big D on it but I think that white gt3 in the link looks amazingly good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back