Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rinspeed front lip fitted

Thefinn said:
Looking good
Now that Seventies motor is more my thing. Better suited to my choice of jeans and jacket.

Thefinn said:
down the beach

This photo shows off your Shaddow Chrome rims very nicely.

Finn, that rinspeed is very nice, why did you need to widen it was it not for the 997.1 as the front is the same on the wide body to the narrow body. If your not lowered much but want a nice subtle splitter that will do the job nicely in fibreglass. :thumb:

I had the Maxton design lip on mine for a while until I ripped it off at high speed - looked a bit 'Max Power' but I kinda liked it 8)

I bought the 991 lip pictured above about a fortnight ago after reading the 6speed thread, its still on the top of my wardrobe waiting to be fitted though - I'll post pics up when its on!

monster said:
I had the Maxton design lip on mine for a while until I ripped it off at high speed - looked a bit 'Max Power' but I kinda liked it 8)

I bought the 991 lip pictured above about a fortnight ago after reading the 6speed thread, its still on the top of my wardrobe waiting to be fitted though - I'll post pics up when its on!

Looking forward to seeing it up close monster, Looks like a very good option for the gen2 front end :thumb: will it be fitted by the curry night

It was wide enough just one end didn't quite get round the return on the bumper as it turns into the wheel arch. I had to cut it with a Dremel but only the top two thirds to make it slightly longer at the top. I am making it sound worse than it was, other than that the fit was very good. I should have taken a picture but I was on a deadline so just wanted to get it done as I had to put the transmission back together after trying to fit powerflex inserts that don't fit my car. Plus also fit new rss engine mounts that Mrs Finn got me for Christmas that finally turned up this week after 2.5 months wait.

Thefinn said:
It was wide enough just one end didn't quite get round the return on the bumper as it turns into the wheel arch. I had to cut it with a Dremel but only the top two thirds to make it slightly longer at the top. I am making it sound worse than it was, other than that the fit was very good. I should have taken a picture but I was on a deadline so just wanted to get it done as I had to put the transmission back together after trying to fit powerflex inserts that don't fit my car. Plus also fit new rss engine mounts that Mrs Finn got me for Christmas that finally turned up this week after 2.5 months wait.

Ah that explains clearer what you meant, let us know haw you like the RSS mounts , are you going to try the function first transmission mount inserts

http://www.function-first.com/products/engine-trans/trans-mount-insert

I have only driven it a bit since fitting them on Friday but so far the mounts are great it's all just a bit tighter now none of that feel of the engine shaking when u press the throttle, especially when stationary. Noise has risen a little but only in first and second when you lift off a slow speeds it sounds a little like close cut gears but nowhere near as loud I quite like it. My gear shift has improved as well so I think I will leave it there rather than going for the inserts as well, especially now I have seen my trans mount it's nearly solid anyway an after Floydsolo post about the FF ones when he has the same mount as me I think I will leave alone. I might change my mind later down the line but I will try with just the mounts for a while and see how I go.

Good to hear , I tried to describe it as feeling GT3 ish a bit more mechanical but in a good way and very flat on corners . :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Looking forward to seeing it up close monster, Looks like a very good option for the gen2 front end :thumb: will it be fitted by the curry night

Not if this bloody rain continues - which it looks set to all week! :evil:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back