Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 + S1000RR

JoePeps

Got a few pics last weekend of my 2 toys, both filthy I'm afraid!
Cleaned them both today at work but didn't get any pics, car's now filthy again so that was a waste of time!

Haven't really gelled with the car as much as I hoped, but starting to enjoy it on the drier roads so hopefully that will keep me happier!

Nice pair of toys! :thumb:

It's the first time I've liked the simple 911 badge on the back. Looks good on the blue too.

But onto the main point in question - why do you feel you haven't gelled? What's your car history?

Thanks.

Previous interesting cars have been:

2 litre Clios
Integra DC2 UKDM
Megane R26
E46 M3 x 2
Mk2 Focus RS
Boxster S
Cayman S
Clio V6
E90 M3 V8

It's a bit too easy I think, the M3 V8 it replaced was a bit mental and hard work/fun whereas the PDK in this is so good I just feel a bit detached from driving it. I'm 28 so still wanting some excitement and not just refinement.

Not taking anything away from the car at all, it's great in every way but not having any flaws almost makes it miss something to me :dont know:

Nice bike. Ive been considering adding one of them to my collection for a while, but unfortunately i just dont get the time to use the ones ive got!

It took me a few months plus some tweaking before I started to really like my 997. Even now I feel it needs a bit more work before i will be 100% happy. For me its just the handling, it doesnt feel as planted and nibble around the bends as id like.

Two excellent looking machines. :thumbs:

Have had two C4S and even with the 4-wheel drive have never felt that comfortable on the slimy, salt-strewn, water-logged roads, to the point that the driving experience sometimes ceases to become a pleasure and becomes more of a chore. With the better weather, and with better road conditions, the exact opposite is true, so hopefully the "gelling" can commence for you too as we come into the spring. :lol:

Nice combo.

Having a nice car and a nice bike is the way forward - as long as you can make time for both!

Two fantastic speed machines and in Derby too :thumb:

DaveH911 said:
Two fantastic speed machines and in Derby too :thumb:

What you suggesting, probably stolen? :floor:

I have an inkling that if you ride fast bikes, or bikes fast, it will always be a struggle to be blown away by a car's performance. Of course there are moments, but I took my Multi out last weekend and even she would leave most cars for dust. The adrenalin from riding is also very difficult to match in the car.

Very nice, I have the same two toys, both soo much fun in different ways.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back