Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCC on new build.

Itstony

Hi Guys and Girls,
Taking delivery of new 911.2 soon and want a tracker system. As the Vodafone is the factory option for the pre-installed system that would be the easiest.
Any feedback on the this that any may have would be appreciated.

I am a tech lover, but (please don't laugh) but I seriously refuse to ever buy an iPhone, despite owning Apple Mac and two iPads. I just do not want to end up being controlled by one as it appears everyone is now :nooo:

Any comments or feedback on the PCC and tracker etc would be appreciated.
:thumb:

It comes down to price, they all work effectively

911UK said:
It comes down to price, they all work effectively

Thanks, Sure cost is a factor, searching google gives many cheaper options, but any feedback on what is commonly used and a preferred tracker by owners?

To state the obvious: The great advantage of PCC is that you don't have to have your car pulled apart in order to have it fitted. One might think that alone makes it the best choice.

As for feedback on the tracker: 4 months in I've had no issues with mine. I think it's identical to the Cobra system I had in an R8 for a couple of years, and that was fine too.

As to PCC: I'm using it on an iPhone. After abandoning the Apple ecosystem, and using Android for about 4 years, I got spooked by how much of my data Google had mined from my emails etc. The PCC app on iPhone is useful but slow and, recently, unreliable (it's been unavailable due to a fault on Vodafone's servers for most of the last 3 days).

Tracker system is factory installed as standard but you need to activate it by subscribing to the service.
PCC and Apple Car Connect behave like beta software. I use Spotify and getting music to stream appears to be a hit and miss affair. No Waze integration is a real bummer for me :dont know:

ab80 said:
To state the obvious: The great advantage of PCC is that you don't have to have your car pulled apart in order to have it fitted. One might think that alone makes it the best choice.

As for feedback on the tracker: 4 months in I've had no issues with mine. I think it's identical to the Cobra system I had in an R8 for a couple of years, and that was fine too.

As to PCC: I'm using it on an iPhone. After abandoning the Apple ecosystem, and using Android for about 4 years, I got spooked by how much of my data Google had mined from my emails etc. The PCC app on iPhone is useful but slow and, recently, unreliable (it's been unavailable due to a fault on Vodafone's servers for most of the last 3 days).

Yes, it does immediately appear being pre-installed is easy and pole position. I like to use the term good value, I do not like cheap and using the forum for information others may have found out and help me. The feedback you gave is what I asked for, thanks for taking time to supply that.

thedarkknight said:
Tracker system is factory installed as standard but you need to activate it by subscribing to the service.
PCC and Apple Car Connect behave like beta software. I use Spotify and getting music to stream appears to be a hit and miss affair. No Waze integration is a real bummer for me :dont know:

Thanks for the feedback.
Pity there is not a "Thanks" button on this forum :eek:

Itstony said:
Pity there is not a "Thanks" button on this forum :eek:

:thumb: or :thumbs: normally does the same job.

No worries itstony :thumb:

In respect of what thedarkknight is describing - I agree that PCM Connect is like beta software (that's the software that is supposed to integrate music services etc). The Car Connect app for the tracker is similarly named but different - and its weaknesses are different too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back