Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, new member and owner of a 996 C4S Speed Yellow

fastest colour too.

well done and welcome.

I think Satin anthracite would look awesome. I will decide when the time comes. First I will be buying 15mm Spacers and my GT3 seats.
I am going to clean the underside thoroughly and protect with ACF50 or similar product in the next month. Few jobs to carry out to get it to A1 standard (I am very fussy).

Thanks Dan, it sure is a speedy colour :)

Small update, I Installed a genuine Turbo Splitter. Looks so aggressive over the stock C4S splitter. Unfortunately, I did not realise the splitter was painted in Black and doesn't quite match the rest of my exterior trim. I have listed it for sale if anyone is interested.

Here is a cheeky pic of it on :)

Next on the list of things to do;
15mm (F) and 18mm (R) RSS Spacers
OEM GT3 Bucket Seats
PopPopBangBang Titanium Exhaust Bolts
Front Bumper Re-Spray plus Stone Chip Correction.
Fix Rattle in Drivers Door Card
MOT due March
Lastly, Get Out and Drive :thumbs:

Attachments

• img_2257_875.jpg
    img_2257_875.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 4,612
Yas, how much to send it to Porto, Portugal?

Yas.SYC4S said:
Small update, I Installed a genuine Turbo Splitter. Looks so aggressive over the stock C4S splitter. Unfortunately, I did not realise the splitter was painted in Black and doesn't quite match the rest of my exterior trim. I have listed it for sale if anyone is interested.

OEM GT3 Bucket Seats
MOT due March

jplportugal said:

I have a buyer for the Turbo Splitter. Posting to Portugal won't be cheap and would risk getting damaged. Sorry buddy.

Yas.SYC4S said:
jplportugal said:

I have a buyer for the Turbo Splitter. Posting to Portugal won't be cheap and would risk getting damaged. Sorry buddy.

Shame you had to sell. I quite liked the contrast of black and yellow, was it really that bad?

Loved my Speed Yellow 911... But not as much as the bugs in summer.
Park it in the countryside whilst you have lunch and it will be camouflaged by ladybirds etc time you get beck.

Its not a bad look at all, the keen eye will notice the difference with the non painted side skirts. I am ordering a new OEM Turbo Splitter. I have both Turbo and C4S splitters for sale.

Speed yellow attracts it all!! Bugs, Bee's and Girls :thumb:

Yas.SYC4S said:

OEM GT3 Bucket Seats
MOT due March

Wow 15mm spacers on the front? I was looking at 7mm so very interested what it will look like with those

:thumb:

Great stance and fills the wheel arch gaps nicely :)

I also noticed I have a set of OEM EISENMANN Exhaust Tips on my Porker
:thumbs:

Spring Update;

I have been a busy chap, I sold my Abarth (daily car) and decided to buy a classic Porsche 924 for the summer :) Loving the old girl, such a great classic and timeless design. Seems to turn more heads than any car I previously owned :grin:

Bumblebee has had a fair amount of attention too. MoT in March , marched right through with a Pass & no advisories :)
I installed a BMC air filter and renewed my Auxiliary belt. I must admit the BMC filter adds to the car. I personally feel a more responsive throttle response. Also benefiting a subtle increase in sound along with the PSE :thumbs:

Taking advantage of the good weather I have enjoyed cleaning, tinkering and driving my Porsches. I began some cleaning work on the underside, firstly tackling the wheel liners and plastic trims. A good amount of cleaning solution and elbow grease got all the muck off. Then applying ACF-50 protects and brings back factory black finish. Well worth doing on a yearly basis.

As usual, managed to snap a few pictures from my outings -getout&drive

Attachments

• img_2446_198.jpg
    img_2446_198.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 6,017
  • img_2434_203.jpg
    img_2434_203.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 6,017
  • fullsizerender_1_765.jpg
    fullsizerender_1_765.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 6,017
  • fullsizerender_220.jpg
    fullsizerender_220.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 6,016
  • img_2445_161.jpg
    img_2445_161.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 6,016
  • img_2444_612.jpg
    img_2444_612.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 6,016
Its been a while since my last update, since then I have been on many drives, couple with Markturner1960 and his SY GT3 (great guy and a beauty of a GT3). Couple of upgrades/servicing has been done. Most importantly I am thoroughly enjoying my C4S ownership - almost a year in and I can't stop smiling when taking 'Bee' out for a Sunday thrash. :thumbs:

So whats new, I decided to remove some weight and general tidying. I removed the following items -

1) Spare Wheel + Jack + Tyre Kit
2) Rear seat delete (no need for these)
3) Rear Windscreen Motor and Arm
4) Turbo Hard Back Seats
Cleaned the interior carpets,leather & Yellow belts - looks brand new.

As my car came with GT3 buckets seats from factory, I had always wanted to buy a set. No surprise these items are not easy to source and demand a large amount of cash ££££. After reading up, few members opted for the Design 911 Carbon GT3 seats. I thought why not try them out, keep the rest of the money for maintenance work.
I have to say, the 2 month wait paid off. I am extremely happy with the overall quality and fit. Transforms the cabin and matches the factory CF trim. The driving position is enhanced although getting in and out the car is a little more tricky... I can live with that :)

I then tackled the stance, was never happy with the tucked in wheels. So I called JZM and ordered a set of RSS wheels spacer + bolt kit. I opted for 15mm Front, 18mm Rear. The kit is excellent quality as you expect with RSS products.
This changed the overall stance IMHO, sitting just right giving a more aggressive appearance. No issues with rub or poor handling.

I have began an underside clean but require getting the car on a ramp, remove all the under trays to thoroughly clean and protect for the years to come.

My annual service is due, Major according to the history book but I have already changed coil packs & plugs. I am looking to do a full fluid change - engine/gearbox/diff/coolant (brake fluid was done last year).
Then opt for a LTT and might as well change the water pump while I am there for future proofing.
Oil wise, I currently use 5w40 Mobil Super 3000. The car does use a little so thinking to try Millers nano 10W50. Any recommendations? Dry stored over the winter so heavier oil shouldn't be a problem.

Again, here are a few snaps of BEE

:bye:

Attachments

• img_2910_156.jpg
    img_2910_156.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 5,573
  • img_2526_166.jpg
    img_2526_166.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 5,573
  • img_2525_212.jpg
    img_2525_212.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 5,573