Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Project Blue Book

It's to plug the electric in....

Hmmm... :lightening: :roll:

Ooooh have I blown some squeelerz today :tongue:

having a random shufty through DDK I applaud your approach of practising on someonelses 914 before doing it to yours, and LMR is a trooper his floor is looking lovely.

Gaz,
That made me laugh out loud (LOL as da Kidz say)...... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil's is looking mighty fine now.
I think we both want to pull these little gems up a notch into the loving embrace of Porsche ownership :puh:

Just got back to work with a van full of second user stuff to go on Project Blue Book....What with the stuff winging it's way from Germany i'm Hemorrhaging cash like a Vegas gambler :sad:

I'll post up pictures of all the stuff when it arrives. It will surprise some and sadden others :grin:

So I have been celebrating my 50th this weekend, so not much acheived in the garage :p However I have stripped all the guages and dash top out and labeled up the wiring as best as I could...

The best bit has been all the lovelys that have turned up....
From Germany we have the worlds biggest steel flared GT wheel arches :thumb:

See if you can spot them :puh:

Spanking new rear anti roll/ sway bar with weld in brackets.

Then in the older but rarer corner, we have 911 SC Billies, hubs, lower arms, torsion bars and calipers. Followed by early 911 rear hubs.

So, kind of a change of plan, but I have decided it won't be a 'Chief Project' without some madness :bye:
See you later!

Happy Birthday Chief :cheers: just ahead of you 51 next week not sure where the last 30 years have went although like you a lot of them has been stuck under a Porsche :D so wide arches and a set of carlos fandangos nice looking forward to the next installment

I can`t believe you`re 50 Chief, you have weathered so much better than PeterS :grin:

I wish I had your energy for all things Porsche as I approach my 49th next month :sad:

Project Blue Book is looking like another epic overspend and another piece of fantasic Porsche history being created before our very eyes, look forward to seeing it in the flesh..................will it be finished by tomorrow :?:

Thanks for the Birthday Big Up chaps!!!
Chris, I have set out a strict budget to the penny for this build. It cannot possibly get out of hand because I have a spreadsheet and everything :grin:

It wouldn't be a 'Chief Project' if I put it back to standard now would it :puh:
PeterS is always refering to me as 'Our Magnus Walker' Obviously his eyes a very old and dull :oops:

I'm looking to improve my Tig Welding skills, so with 6 foot of weld for each arch I should be 'Bob On' by the end of this project :grin: :grin: :grin:
Time scales......Finished at some point in time

Chief

I doubt Magnus worries about his TIG welding skills. Besides, his beard would be a health hazard when welding!! :hand:

Chief, I didn't now you were that old :eek:

Happy birthday mate!

I have set out a strict budget to the penny for this build. It cannot possibly get out of hand because I have a spreadsheet and everything

You're gonna a need a bigger spreadsheet :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

happy birthday, keep up the good work. Didn't take long for you to do a U turn on the mods :floor:

Thanks fellas :thumb:

Ian,
I changed my mind on the mods cus I'm old and mental :puh:

Paul,
50 is the new 40! Oh and spreadsheets are For wimps :oops:

Happy belated birthday Chief!

Loving the parts delivery, much more up your strasse!

Chris

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back