Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning up the rear end. Deck lid re-spray

Dazed and confused here... we are living in UK where it rains a lot and removing the rear wiper for aesthetics?

To be fair, we are talking air-cooled here ...

I don't think practicality is at the forefront of many people's minds when they choose to drive a 20yr old 2+2 with ropey aircon.

The Dragonmeister said:
Dazed and confused here... we are living in UK where it rains a lot and removing the rear wiper for aesthetics?

Dazed and confused over a rear wiper...? You need to get out more. ;)

Most 993's are hardly winter or wet weather hacks these days and even if you did get caught in a freak summer downpour, I still think you'd manage to see what's behind you providing your eyesight is in good order... unless of course someone has pinched your extremely sought after door mirrors.

C.

The Dragonmeister said:

I don't think I've ever deliberately used the rear wiper on my cars. The only time I used it on the 4S is when I pressed the switch by mistake instead of the switchable exhaust. RainX keeps visibility good.

The Dragonmeister said:

I'm with you! :thumb:
Here in Wales, not only do you need your wipers, you need to keep them in good order front and back!
I have to reverse off my drive into a busy road summer and winter, the wiper is a God send!

. . . and actually, I quite like the look, (although when its parked I often have to ensure that the line of the rear wiper is perfectly parallel to the line of the rear screen . . .a bit OCD I'll admit)
:bandit:

^^^^
I'm sorry to say, but I believe we have a very similar mindset Andy!
:bandit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back