Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Georgie Best , the lost Porsche .

while we are at it then, my list in order of the best,

maradona
zidane
bergkamp
best

yes, defences were shite, but if you want to see a brilliant best goal, look up the one he scored with tampa bay rowdies.

Maradona

Ronaldo

Messi

Gazza

Tried to get Bergkamp and Zidane in. Great players...

do you mean Ronaldo 1 or Ronaldo 2? I nearly put Ronaldo 1 in my list, the buck toothed brazillian. Phenomenal player.

With no biase at all :hand:

Best
Cantona
Scholes
Ronaldo

Some good suggestions there, ZZ was quality and Bergkamp produced some moments of magic too.

I firmly believe that if Gazza had signed for United he would have gone on to be the undisputed best. He was a genius but sadly didn't make the most of it.

My favourite top five.

Maradona
Messi
Zidane
Pele
Best
(Schmeichel Sr)

Subs bench:- Eusebio, Bergkamp, Dalgliesh, Scholes, Ronaldo2

Ronaldo2 may have inched up the bench a bit if I could stand his personality a little more!

spongebob squarepants said:

Best
Cantona
Scholes
Ronaldo

Jumpers and play

A class act - they score 2 - we score 4 - So many players that under the :thumbs: system became better - Peter Schmeichel IMO had it all - hard act to follow

jpsh120 said:
Some good suggestions there, ZZ was quality and Bergkamp produced some moments of magic too.

I firmly believe that if Gazza had signed for United he would have gone on to be the undisputed best. He was a genius but sadly didn't make the most of it.

Bless him - I fully agree with you - the hangers on together with his lack of self value will remain - THAT SAID - GAZZA WAS BLOODY GOOD :bandit:

Honest yet a kid at heart

:bandit: My cousin's friend in Maldon Essex used to own Georgie Best's Porsche , it was a light weight air cooled and he payed £2,000 just after Georgie Best died . He sold it for £8,000 around 6 year's ago and some months later was approached by the new owner asking a few questions , but they had paid £43,000 for it . I bought my 997 around that time and am kicking myself why my cousin had not told me about it .
I don't have any more information and I'm not sure how correct what I've written but thought it's worth putting out there to see if anyone can add to this story . Cuba :bandit:

7cced17791ee9fbd1ba843e296c9a835_-meme-keep-calm-deja-vu-deja-vu-meme_300-300.jpeg

spongebob squarepants said:

Best
Cantona
Scholes
Ronaldo

My perfect strike force combo would be Kenny Dalglish with either Ronaldo or George Best.

They would have conquered everything before them had they played in the same era and together :thumb:

George Best etc

What, no John Terry or Danny Welbeck?

When I lived in London I used to drink with George Best on a Saturday lunchtime in a pub that I can't remember the name of.

I wasn't into football but I did like wine. He never talked football and I never talked Photography. Birds used to come up but he wasn't interested, as we were having a chat. Someone who valued The Chat.

A softly-spoken, polite, convivial Irishman who liked chatting and by 4-oclock used to buy anyone left in the pub a drink, which I tried to stop him doing, like you would do with any of your mates who was on on a roll.

Never mentioned a Porsche, any cars, money or wealth.

A great loss.

No help to the post, just sharing a GB story.

:bandit: I know George Best drank at a Pub on Haverstock Hill NW3 close to the bottom of the hill near Steels Road . Cuba :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back