Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 performance improvements?

ireid

Anyone have experience of upgrading the power and torque of a 981 S? I'm thinking of cold air intake, free flow exhaust and remap. Would welcome feedback from anyone who has tried this.

You need IPD plenum, 82mm throttle body, BMC air filter on the intake side, 200 cell cat headers AND a custom tune from someone capable of doing it, not an off the shelf one. The tune can be delivered via OBD port using an AccessPort so check their site for UK distributors. This should get 360PS and you can get 380PS with a race exhaust and more aggressive tune.

I have not done this myself, I have a 991S engine in mine, installed by Ehresmann in Dusseldorf who are still the only ones to retune the ECU versus flashing via the OBD port.

Beware, you can spend a lot of money for marginal benefits so my advice is to continue your research, identify your target performance and then validate vendors and costs, then decide.

Ralph

Many thanks Ralph, very helpful.

I have done some bits to my 997.1 and the same can be done to a 981. as Ralph said 82MM Throttle body and plenum combined with a BMC air filter and silicon induction hose will give you much better air intake and a free flowing engine it will sound healthier and give a nice subtle induction growl. you will need a remap with the TB plen mod choose wisely get a custom map not an off the shelf job budget £500ish for the map the TBPLEN are about £800 induction bits £150 . then look at gas out the biggest win will be from 200 cell cats and it will sound like it was supposed to from the factory sports back boxes next. and finally headers if you wanted to go to that level Look on Topgear exhausts site and call them haggle min 10% off the list price
my remap was done by DMS Automotive in Southampton the race Porsches so know their stuff .
lastly handling some lowering springs and semisolid engine mounts will sort you in that department and also function first transmission mount inserts will amaze you at the improvement in gear change I used the yellow fast road ones as the track one would be too hard .

the TB/Plen, remap and 200 cell cats will give you most of the gains and all in the usable low/mid range :D the nice thing is half a day and it can all be back to stock in the engine dept.
These mods wont ruin the car as a daily drive which mine is and are not too track only focused. hope that helps :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back