Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nicked by speed camera again - with a twist

eyecandy993

Out last Sunday for a Porsche Club Malta meet. Drove at a leasurly pace, was unaware of new speed camera. Was still going at National speed limit (80 kph). Pis*ed when I recieved the contravention notice untill I noticed the time on the notice - Nine Eleven (and a few seconds) Made the fine all worth it. (how can a 993 owner become so twisted :D )

Attachments

• pembroke_79_kph_210.jpg
    pembroke_79_kph_210.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,426
How come you got a ticket for travelling at a lower speed than the speed limit. Was it a case of the national speed limit is 80 kph and I'll apply that everywhere, or you have been stitched up somehow.

Zorro said:
How come you got a ticket for travelling at a lower speed than the speed limit. Was it a case of the national speed limit is 80 kph and I'll apply that everywhere, or you have been stitched up somehow.
That part of the road had a speed limit of 70 kph, which I overlooked. When we have a decimal based hour I will try and get nicked at 9.93 am!

Thats class! Not you getting the ticket!! I'd love to know the odds on that timing!

Mike-M said:
Thats class! Not you getting the ticket!! I'd love to know the odds on that timing!

1 in 1,140.

24 x 60 = 1,140

I'm no math-a-magician so happily proved wrong

eyecandy993 said:
Out last Sunday for a Porsche Club Malta meet. Drove at a leasurly pace, was unaware of new speed camera. Was still going at National speed limit (80 kph). Pis*ed when I recieved the contravention notice untill I noticed the time on the notice - Nine Eleven (and a few seconds) Made the fine all worth it. (how can a 993 owner become so twisted :D )

Next time can you be doing exactly 99.3kph, or 91.1kph, please?

Yes, go out again next sept 11th and do 91.1 kmh past it at 09:11.

We'll have a whip-round for the fine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back