Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My GT3 restoration and upgrade thread

Car is now complete and will be collected tomorrow..... :D :)

Here are the drop links, you don't recognize after a proper clean, strip down and repainting....

Just a shame I can't really drive the car in anger until the new wheels and tyres arrive, still its just a cruise down the motorway home.

The next part of the grand plan is a trip to 9excellence to get the exhaust, plenum and steering wheel fitted, when the exhaust arrives from Romania in a couple of weeks ( hopefully....)

The car looks great,

markturner1960 said:
DSC_0770_zpsfguwmcui.jpg
[/URL]

I've not seen these extra liners before that are held on with pop rivets & a cable tie, are they GT3 specific? Can you get the part number from them?

Thanks

NXI20 said:
That's an OEM GT3 droplink hanger, so it just gets transferred from the old struts. You need 3 locking rings + the spring perch; I'd expect any decent kit to include them.

Thanks nick, they are very similar to the ones I have except the droplink attachment brackets come as part of the kit with the Carrera set.

car is looking superb with the RS spoiler mark and that suspension is lush.

looks like it has dropped the car a bit and its going to handle like its really on rails now. top work.

If you drive it won't it get dirty again?

Senoj said:

This is the dilemma I face....... :wink:

Seriously though, I am firmly of the opinion that driving is best done on dry roads, preferably with the sun shining....weather is good tomorrow , so should be OK. Personally, I would rather not go out for a drive than drive in the rain and on crap muddy roads.....I don't think I am missing much.

Plus, I get a lot of pleasure from keeping the car in that condition, call me *****, but I cant help it.....

Here is the underneath of my M3:

I still managed to do 8000 miles in it last year.......

markturner1960 said:
Senoj said:

This is the dilemma I face....... :wink:

Seriously though, I am firmly of the opinion that driving is best done on dry roads, preferably with the sun shining....weather is good tomorrow , so should be OK. Personally, I would rather not go out for a drive than drive in the rain and on crap muddy roads.....I don't think I am missing much.

Plus, I get a lot of pleasure from keeping the car in that condition, call me *****, but I cant help it.....

Here is the underneath of my M3:

I still managed to do 8000 miles in it last year.......

But what do you do when you need to go somewhere and it's raining?

Nice M, just bought an E92 myself :thumb:

Which version of the exhaust have you gone for Mark, stainless or inconel?

Thanks, it makes the hard work worthwhile when people appreciate it...!

I wish I could say I had gone for the iconel, but it was near enough double the price and what with having so much other stuff to do to the car as well, I had to restrain myself and go for the stainless option......

Had a great day today collecting the car, my buddy Damien took me up in his M3, we blasted up the M40 / M42 and got there around 11. Spent a good hour chatting cars and suspension with Pete at centre gravity, what a top guy, and he took me out in the car to talk me through all his changes etc. Then the sun came out and we decided to go home the scenic route instead of the motorway. We stopped for a pub lunch and managed some pretty spirited driving on some great country roads, despite the inevitable Saturday afternoon plonkers dawdling along at 40mph with 10 cars stuck behind them.....

First time I had used the car in anger and despite being careful not to ask too much of the gone over tyres, really got a chance to see what she can do - I was very impressed and cant wait to try it on new tyres and wheels, hopefully in a week or two.....I was going to go for cup 2's, but Pete reckons MPSS are probably better for the road, as they don't really come into their own unless the car is set up for them specifically, with more camber dialled in.

By way of a little bonus for the day, Pete had these little beauties sitting on his desk, and they were for sale:

A set of these was on my list as well, so I snapped them up and saved myself £100....result!!

And I forgot to show you these:

My lovely shiny new exhaust tips after much work polishing. They will be going back on tomorrow, and will also be used on the new exhaust.

OK, that's it for now.....

Bit of work this morning - changed out the engine mounts and fitted the tips back on, quick test drive, all seems good:

Great work, I've been following with interest.

With regards to Michelin Super Sport tyres I don't think they are available in standard GT3 sizes.

Kind regards.

When you say standard GT3 sizes, do you mean for the stock wheels or the aftermarket ones I am going to get? As my standard wheels have MPSS on them? For the proposed new wheel sizes.( 9x 18 front and 11 x 18 rear) ..I can only get the MPSS to fit the front. I was going for 295/30/18 at the rear but no MPSS available. But cup 2's are......Going 245/40/18 fronts and both MPSS & cup 2's available.

What do others use in this situation ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back