Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

60 minutes of Porsche Ownership

Unfortunately I've been bitten a lot of times and all this talk of 'reputations' 'highly regarded' and the like leave me cold.
As many people on here will remember I nearly got my a@@e bitten last year by a certain Yorkshire Porsche dealer and that only got settled because I posted about them on here.
From the sound of Richards posts I feel that this 'dealer' may not be an acknowledged Porsche dealer (I may be wrong) and if that is the case that is the first warning bell to me.
Every single person on here has the OP's best interests at heart, nobody is wanting to see him out out of pocket by a single penny but as we all know opinions are like a@@eholes, we've all got one!
As Delanor says it is entirely up to the OP what he does with our recommendations it's just bloody awful that his first foray into Porsche ownership has ended up like this.
Hope it all works out for you Richard.

Richard, keep with it and stay the course, keep ignoring them.

If they can't be bothered to realise that we've already discussed the option of just handing it back and the why it's a bad idea so be it. Seems some people can hand it out, but can't take it when someone, validly, with sound reasoning, disagrees with their kneejerk reaction.

Some people might be happy to turn a blind eye, but the advice being given is flawed and doesn't consider very important items, like, find a replacement car with the same price and mileage and spec, which for all you know will blow itself up in a years time when the warranty has run out..........

Enjoy, Richard, let us know the outcome, that's all I want to know!

easternjets said:
Unfortunately I've been bitten a lot of times and all this talk of 'reputations' 'highly regarded' and the like leave me cold.
As many people on here will remember I nearly got my a@@e bitten last year by a certain Yorkshire Porsche dealer and that only got settled because I posted about them on here.
From the sound of Richards posts I feel that this 'dealer' may not be an acknowledged Porsche dealer (I may be wrong) and if that is the case that is the first warning bell to me.
Every single person on here has the OP's best interests at heart, nobody is wanting to see him out out of pocket by a single penny but as we all know opinions are like a@@eholes, we've all got one!
As Delanor says it is entirely up to the OP what he does with our recommendations it's just bloody awful that his first foray into Porsche ownership has ended up like this.
Hope it all works out for you Richard.

must have missed that, that's gotta to be worth a read :D

I assume, the forum helped you out and you got a result, youve given sound advice but he has a choice, so lets support him on that journey in the same way you would have been supported

I'm sure the dealer in question is reading this and is on notice to do the right thing

It's a strange world, yesterday I went to see a Porsche 997 at Redline in Knaresborough.
I also had a few watches to sell and I found a nice chap called guy who wanted to buy them so I took a run down the A1 to his office.
As I was cruising along I noticed a van pull into the lane in front and it was my old friend from Yorkshire Classic Pork, so I pulled along side and gave him my best indication that his tyres needed pumping up. Childish yes but god it felt good :hand:

Any news on the engine? Hope it's good!!

:D

Things are looking good, just need to tie down some details and hopefully I'll be getting a car worth waiting for.

It appears there are some decent people out there and dealing with Hartech is excellent, straight forward and unambiguous.

thats good to hear and if you can get a new Hartech build out of the equation - i say thats a great result :thumb:

Me too

:thumb:

I thought Hartec has a waiting list of a few weeks. May be I was wrong.

Good luck Richard :thumb:

Sounds good Richard, will be a great result, a cheap car with a Hartech rebuild, who wouldn't want that!

Good news on the face of it with things moving in the direction that you were hoping for.
As stated, an Hartech'ed motor will see you in a better position than you would have been without the failure in a few months or years from now.

Any progress on this to report?

Del.

Hartech started working on the engine last week following gaining approval to do so, unfortunately it's going to take a few weeks - I think I'm not their only customer. I have agreed to make a contribution towards some substantial betterment. Whilst the engine is being rebuilt, I think it would be foolish not to take this opportunity to 'future proof' the engine and get the job done properly.

I can't and don't really want to go into too many details until the whole issue is resolved and I take delivery of my car for a second time. I can't criticise the dealership so far for their communication and fulfilling their obligations. It is a shame that I don't have a 911 sitting on my drive but, I think it will be worth the wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back