Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally found my car :-)

solaris said:
Update

Stratstone have arranged for all the outstanding work to be completed by an independant of my choosing (Porsche-Torque) Stratstone to pick up the costs. They have sent me a courtesy car while my car is being worked on.

It's something that should have been done in the first instance, I personally blame the salesman/sales manager who lacked integrity.

Update
& then there was a little more drama...

Sid@ Porsche Torque was called by Stratstone a few weeks back because they didn't want to comence with the work anymore, apparently they didn't want to stomach the cost.

When I learned what was happening I stopped talking to the silly people at the dealership and started the compliants procedure. I managed to secure an appointment with the regional director for Stratstone Aston Martin who requested to meet me in person at the dealership to discuss what had happened.

I met with the regional director today and explained the pain and disappoinment bought onto me by Stratstone. At which point he invited the Business manager into the room with whom I've been dealing with. He looked at him in a piercing manner holding the outstanding list of items and said, "This needs to be done now!" . It was a simple as that, all of a sudden the elves started working and a brand new courtesy sled was cleaned and parked outside for me.

Thats the right way to deal with things, shame the dealerships never take repsonsibility without a push from someone.

Good for you but it's a pity that you had to go that far to get a result. It merely demonstrates how badly they screwed up the sale and when messing you about as they clearly didn't have reason to do so other than their own internal mistakes. I bet there have been a number of one sided conversations inside Strastones since!

Hope that is the end of the saga for you and you get the car you dreamed of.

Update

I picked up the car from Stratstone last week with all the outstanding items complete. It's taken a really really long time but finally I have the car and its time to swich on the enjoy button. As a bonus Porsche west London noticed one of the radiators was slightly weeping so they took the liberty to replace the pipes and radiator. What i've ended up with is a fully sorted 997 Turbo.

Now for a trip to Fearnsport

:thumbs:

:congrats:

Just read this thread, and have to say well done on the result - just a shame it took so much effort to get there..

Oh, and another SRS convert here - there are a few have made it across :thumb:

Great news indeed. Just shows the big dealers can be complete arses as it's all about profit and stuff the customer! Plenty more of those when you're that big.

Any pics of the sorted car at all?

glad you got a positive in the end and you only missed winter driving :thumb:

I found the time today to rid the PCM 2.1

IMG_7141_zps5g2wsuux.jpg

IMG_7144_zps9bkh1ajc.jpg

IMG_7147_zpstc2ibg3x.jpg

IMG_7149_zpsp4gvn4pp.jpg

IMG_7153_zpscn1ytxym.jpg

I'm impressed with the connects2 loom, usually you have to go searching for a switched live to make things work but this really was plug-&-play. I noticed the raido reception wasn't working after fitting the pioneer but i think its down to not connecting the relavant switch live remote feed from the headunit to the car loom. The steering controls work great too.

Great result and well done Solaris. :thumb:

Similar unit to mine. Well done.

Any pics of the turbo ?

:grin:

Thats so much better than the WW2 pcm 2.1 as used by marconi :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back