Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange tiptronic

Pecky

I think ive got a ghost in my box,when in lower geras there a jump like a gear shift and the revs drop as normal but no shift then the shift hapoens and it changes up.could this just need an oil change,any ideas guys

What's the age of the car? There are different control units for diff aged cars and it helps a little.

Would what you've described be explained as a pause between the shift happening and the torque convertor locking up, if that makes sense?

Its a 99 carrera 2.its more like you set of as normal in second then revs dip and it seems just like its changed up but dash indicater still shows second,revs keep building up then a second dip in revs then change up to third,same happens from third to forth.thanks for reply

Ok, not sure I can be much help, but a couple of things. Does it do the same from 1st to 2nd? I ask because there is no torque convertor lock up on 2nd. Secondly, does it do it with a manual change and thirdly, does it still do it if you put the box into its most aggressive map, which is done by pumping twice quickly on the accelerator?

With any new faults on a tip box then checking for fault codes is the first thing , after that an oil and filter change is the cheapest way to possibly correct any problems.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back