Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911&PW mag- modded 996s

Robertb

There is a good article in this month's 911 & Porsche World on modified 996s- it was good, well worth a read.

Really like the idea of a 380bhp Autofarm engined 996 4S, should mine ever need engine work!

Given where prices of 996TTs and GT3 have gone, it makes a lot more sense than it did.

:agree:

I think 997 'S' cars because of the bore scoring stories will also make them the project car of choice for the next 5-7 years or so. Personally I think it is superb and a great thing for the Brand which had lost that 'tinkering' and 'personalising' which gave it character when the air cooled bubble began...... :chin:

Agreed- I like what RPM are doing with their 'CSR' cars.

A bloke down the road has a 997 CSR, looks and sounds fab.

I have the beginnings of a plan for my 4S, should my boat come in... involving Fuchs or 996.2 GT3 wheels, a 3.9 rebuild and a LWF.

I have to agree great article...I'm loving the black 996.1 with the savanna buckets and gold bbs alloys.

Iceboy

will have to have a read as i too love the idea of doing the csr mods to mine :thumb:

It was a very interesting article!

The Autofarm and soon to be Hartech closed deck engine upgrades make this a very tempting proposition.

Would be interested in a comparsion of the acceleration times between the 3.9 rebuilt engine and the standard 996 turbo.

Ouch my eyes! That things a shocker.

Robert thanks for the heads up. I've just text the wife and told her what I want for Valentine's Day. Hopefully she'll pick me a copy up on her way home. Will be the first mag I've bought for 3 or 4 years mind, so it better be good. :wink:

Thanks Robert.. magazine downloaded! When or if the time comes I know what to do! :thumb:

Some nice cars featured. I do like the duck tails.
Decent feature but would have liked a bit more detail e.g. Wheel sizes etc. Although I know I can ring the suppliers and ask and the feature shouldn't read like a spec sheet. :wink:

PS I can read the tyre size is 18" in one pic.

Having not seen the article, and I guess the answer to my question could vary, however..,

Does anyone know or have first hand experience on what a 3.7 closed deck engine build typically costs?

Making the assumption that the engine is health from the perspective that its still running and has not lunched itself.

crash7 said:
Having not seen the article, and I guess the answer to my question could vary, however..,

Does anyone know or have first hand experience on what a 3.7 closed deck engine build typically costs?

Making the assumption that the engine is health from the perspective that its still running and has not lunched itself.

The article says between £12-£15k for the Autofarm 3.9 full monty conversion, inc special cams etc giving you 390bhp.

Is the article in total 911, I just had a quick look through but couldn't see anything

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back