Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S - Press Release

I need to know also as I need a set badly and dont want to get PS2 if N rating is around the corner on the PS4s

Jcx said:
Anyone stuck the PS4 S on their car yet?

Yep, got them on mine but not had a good run out yet. I'll try to over the next few days and provide feedback.

Iwantone said:
Jcx said:

Yep, got them on mine but not had a good run out yet. I'll try to over the next few days and provide feedback.

oooh do tell?! N-rated too? or no...

Jcx said:
Iwantone said:
Jcx said:

oooh do tell?! N-rated too? or no...

Nope, not N rated. This is statement I received from Michelin back in October 16 -

At the moment nothing is N rated for 911's
We have other N rated tyres in the range for Panamera/718/Cayman

at the moment nothing for 991 or it's replacement

I'm running PS4's (non N-rated) on my early 996 C2 after having had PS2's (N-rated).

The difference is quite remarkable, a lot more feel at the steering wheel and quite a bit more grip in dry and wet conditions.

I did circa 12,000 road miles (commuting and lot's of touring in Scotland, Wales, Cotswolds etc) on the PS2's and have so far done circa 4000 miles on the PS4's.

Highly recommended in my humble opinion :thumbs:

Paz said:
I'm running PS4's (non N-rated) on my early 996 C2 after having had PS2's (N-rated).

The difference is quite remarkable, a lot more feel at the steering wheel and quite a bit more grip in dry and wet conditions.

I did circa 12,000 road miles (commuting and lot's of touring in Scotland, Wales, Cotswolds etc) on the PS2's and have so far done circa 4000 miles on the PS4's.

Highly recommended in my humble opinion :thumbs:

mmm thx. lots of experience with both. did you imagine that the PS4s would be that much different? Were you happy with the PS2s before you changed?

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the Pilot Sport 4, not the latest PS 4-S.

Yes the PS2 were perfectly fine before upgrading, I'd upgraded my previous 987 Cayman S from Bridgestone RE-050's to PS2's so knew there were good tyres.
As to the difference in performance...?
I change tyres every year on my cars so I'm used how different each generation of tyres feel.

I had actually wanted a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's (my go-to tyre for quick cars) but Chris & Pete at Center Gravity had recommended the PS4 tyres after one of their customers had got a set for their 996 C2 - his customer uses his car much the same a myself and rated them highly.

Paz said:
Just to clarify, I'm talking about the Pilot Sport 4, not the latest PS 4-S.

Yes the PS2 were perfectly fine before upgrading, I'd upgraded my previous 987 Cayman S from Bridgestone RE-050's to PS2's so knew there were good tyres.
As to the difference in performance...?
I change tyres every year on my cars so I'm used how different each generation of tyres feel.

I had actually wanted a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's (my go-to tyre for quick cars) but Chris & Pete at Center Gravity had recommended the PS4 tyres after one of their customers had got a set for their 996 C2 - his customer uses his car much the same a myself and rated them highly.

Even better insight. Thx again. I have re050s on my car now and I think any Michelin will be better...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back