Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996TT front tyres - MPSS or MPS2

e92

I have stock rims and need to change all 4 tyres. For the rear tyres I have gone for the Michelin PS2 dues to lack of MPSS in 295/30/R18.

For the front tyres I can get both MPS2 and MPSS in 225/40/R18. Have any of you guys gone with MPSS for the fronts and found them better than the MPS2? Shall I just stick with the MPS2 for the fronts as well?

Can't vouch for the MPSS on the Turbo but PS2s are very good, as long as the geometry is set up well. Good on track too, all things considered.....

Thanks, I might as well stick with the PS2s then.

I have had Super Sport on my Audi and they are very good but I believe they have been replaced with PS4 sport now.

I haven't tried them personally but they have had excellent reviews and a friend who tried them was impressed.

I don't think Michelin ever made the super sport in the 295/30/18 size which is why you never find them

I'm not sure it's a good idea to mix front rear tyres on any car, especially a 4 wheel drive supercar.

Can i ask why you are going for PS2's when PS4's are coming up a little cheaper than the 2's on most sites i've checked?

Has anyone experienced the PS4 on a turbo yet?

chriscoates81 said:
I'm not sure it's a good idea to mix front rear tyres on any car, especially a 4 wheel drive supercar.

That's what I thought too :dont know:

I never have and never would on a 4wd car :drive:

:thumb:

Thanks for the replies guys. The only reason I was willing to try the MPSS was that I had them on my m3 and they were brilliant. The tyre had two separate sections, the outer edge had softer rubber which only came into contact when it was under load ie in a corner for better grip. I hadn't considered ps4's as I hadn't heard much about them. As some of you have said it's probably not good to mix different types so Il go with the PS2s

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back