Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

insurance

Hi
I have just received my renewal from direct line for £240 on my 2004 C4s with the following mods

Exhaust modified no increase in horsepower
Engine remap less than 10% increase
Gears Paddleshift
Sat nav (non manufacturer Approved/fitted

cover
9 years NCB
Age well over 40
4000miles a year
Social domestic and pleasure
Business use policyholder and spouse
Low risk area in rural Somerset

Is this reasonable?

I don't really need the business use this could be toned down to commuting.

Any recommendations ?

Cheers

Graham

Doubt you'll get much better than £240.

I've just got my renewal through for £330. Told them to cancel it as they tried the auto renewal trick with me. Went on moneysupermarket and reran the same quote. Original Insurance company comes up with £240. Conning arsepipes!!

Check the policy, if it's all correct take it ASAP at that price. It's cheap as chips. I've just renewed at £700+ for the cabriolet SDP only

Almost identical costs for me in Oxfordshire with same car and minus the mods.

I've been with Admiral or a while and they wanted £331 this year, so ran a comparison and found it for £275 elsewhere. Rang them up and hey presto they dropped it to £248.......never failed to get a decent discount from any insurer if you ring and question it but your price sounds low so not sure there would be much wriggle room there!

alex yates said:
they tried the auto renewal trick with me. Went on moneysupermarket and reran the same quote. Original Insurance company comes up with £240. Conning arsepipes!!

Con artist's
bdsm.gif

:bandit:

HSC911 said:
alex yates said:
they tried the auto renewal trick with me. Went on moneysupermarket and reran the same quote. Original Insurance company comes up with £240. Conning arsepipes!!

Con artist's
bdsm.gif

:bandit:

My lot tried that too... I called them and the lady on the phone at least had the sense to reduce the price by another £10 seeing as Id rung!

Just used a price comparison site and Admiral chucked out a rather tempting £260 with 1years NCB. 2002 C2 targa parked on a drive social domestic and commuting 5000m

£218 through Privilege has just dropped on the door mat, this will be the third year with them and what I like is that the renewal has been sensible each time.
Non modified 1999 C2 5000 miles pa business use , me and wife to drive 5 years NCD. Age , lets just say north of 40 south of Bham.

Guys,

You are missing a trick if you are not going through Quidco for your insurances..

I have been using them for the best part of 10 years and earned £3107.

Although I have not purchased my car Insurance through them for a year or 2, there are some good deals to be had.

And for other purchases too;

Eurocarparts - £363.99(during 30% sale) - £18.20 cashback
Home insutance - £125.40 - £135.00 Cashback
Thomson holidays - £2,260.00 - £67.80 Cashback
Ebookers - £443.00 - £75.31 cashback

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
964Turbo.3.3Mike
Back