Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

vinyl wrap

john aus

front of the car was resprayed in November before hibernation looking at getting the car wrapped in April

is Wrapping worth the cost

Front bumper £350
Wings £350
Bonnet £350
A pillars + front of the roof £ 120
Side sills £350
Wing mirrors inc.

Total £1520 plus vat

apologies if this as been done to death befor

Thinking of the same - got a quote for £1250 inclusive for whole car.

Only watch out is if there is a scratch or chip, it shows up very quickly and need to get the whole panel done most of the time.

But interested to see if anyone else has done this.

Oh, and this is my 911th post!

OP , you could speak with Paint Shield, your figures are not too dissimilar from what they would charge for comparable front end coverage. Very good outfit.

This doesn't sound like a 'wrap' ot sounds like the paint protection film you apply to maintain integrity of original paint :?:

Shmee did a total re-colour wrap on his brand new GT4. Covered 9k miles and when removed for re-sale via OPC paint was perfect :worship:

Zingari said:
This doesn't sound like a 'wrap' ot sounds like the paint protection film you apply to maintain integrity of original paint :?:

yes paint protection, give it the wrong description

http://reepgroup.co.uk/

It depends. I got my car cleaned and ceramic coated instead. I'd be afraid that paint protection film or vinyl wrap would pull the lacquer off the paint when it came time to remove them...

Had my Cayman and 911 complete front ends done from new. Gives me such confidence when following cars and trucks down gritty roads etc. Also means you can remove flies and bird lime without worrying about damaging the paint surface. In short do it and have piece of mind.

All those £350's sounds like a bad financial decision to me. Especially if the car is more than a few years old, recent respray or not.

What's it cost to get a 911 properly wrapped? £3k...more and what's a front end respray every few years cost?

Guess another factor to consider is how long you plan on keeping her too.

if you buy a new high value car and intend to sell it in a year or 2 a wrap makes sense, however otherwise its not so good value wise and and after a few years it starts to age and dull a bit and if you get bumped or any stone chips in the PPF itself you cant touch it up and it looks bad especially on lighter colours. Also if it has changed colour slightly you may have to get the full car redone
A good film shouldnt peel at the edges even after several years

The material is not THAT expensive. I reckon the wrap companies do very well out of this sort of thing.

I see a good wrap at about £750, not £2000.

Kimbo said:
.....I reckon the wrap companies do very well out of this sort of thing....

Check out Yiannimize on Facebook/ Instagram/ YouTube...
The bloke has a million views ... huge following and therefore a waiting list...

Probably explains why he drives a Lamborghini!

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back