Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin ps 2 cups , info required

Rockunrolla

Does anyone know how much tread these tyres come with ,
I've asked Michelin on the online live chat but they said they didn't know :eh!:

Also would thers tyres be suitable as road tyres are are they mainly for track ,

Any help appreciated,

Attachments

• image_730.jpeg
    image_730.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 12,275
Very good road tyres, just not in monsoon season. Completely out of stock in most sizes though.

They have my size in stock ( 5 days delivery )
But I don't want to submit the order if they only have 4mm ?

If there are 8mm available, I would stick them on my car in a heart beat. :lol:

However, this is what the official Porsche/Michelin website says - note comment on shallow tread which I think means 4mm :-

Your car 911 Type 911 (991) / As of 2012 911 GT3
Front : 245/35 ZR 20
Rear : 305/30 ZR 20

The Ultra High Performance Tyre for the 911 GT models, Cayman GT4 and 918 Spyder

Specially engineered for usage on the race track (also approved on public roads)
- Shallow tread profile typical for racing
- Excellent grip on dry surfaces
- Limited grip on wet surfaces due to its main application

From memory 2mm more than Cups which I believe are 5mm (so 7mm from new). This is one reason why longevity is at least 30% more.

Stuart said:
From memory 2mm more than Cups which I believe are 5mm (so 7mm from new). This is one reason why longevity is at least 30% more.
Ooo I hope so ,
If know one gives a definitive certain answer ,I will drive down to opc in morning and find out :thumb:

Officially they are 20% deeper than sport cup+

Cup+ = 6/32 of an inch = 4.7625 mm.
Therefore Cup2 = 5.715mm

It appears most quite 5mm and 6mm though.

Stuart said:
Officially they are 20% deeper than sport cup+

Cup+ = 6/32 of an inch = 4.7625 mm.
Therefore Cup2 = 5.715mm

It appears most quite 5mm and 6mm though.

What Stu said not a road tyre 5.7mm from new

Ok cheers , but given my limited options would you still go with these over the dunplops :?:

Rockunrolla said:
Ok cheers , but given my limited options would you still go with these over the dunplops :?:

Never run Dunlops so couldn't say, but cup 2 are still a track tyre with limited tread and ability to displace water. They also like heat to activate the grippy rubber, both of which are going to limit the cup 2 performance at this time of year.

To be fair to the Cup2, I've been running them solely since Nov 2014 and couldn't be happier with their road ability. First set of rears lasted 10 months /9500 miles and were replaced with 1 mm before wear limits. This included a week long Euro trip, multiple Spa and Ring days, and a fair few Silverstone days.

Big :thumb: from me.

They are great but not an all year round tyre. Dont thnk. Would in a daily driver but everything else no probs.

I've ordered them cheers :thumb:

Decided against them ,
And have just had 4 pilot super sports fitted today instead ,
:thumb:

Rockunrolla said:
Decided against them ,
And have just had 4 pilot super sports fitted today instead ,
:thumb:

Hey i see you sold the 911 but i hope you are still around. how did you get on with the super sports? and did anyone turn their nose up at the lack of N-rating?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back