Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE controller retrofit

mkoenigsheim

Hi All - so, semi long story for a quick question....

My last couple of posts describe my recent engine failure and need to buy new headers for a 997.2...Short update on that is the car is with Barry at Hartech for surgery.

New headers cost €1300 for the pair and around €700 for used ones. I managed to source a full Porsche PSE exhaust including the headers for €1200 :) PSE was the only option missing for the car on my wish list..

At least some good news following a dead engine... my question is, are the other parts of the retrofit kit available and has anybody ever retrofitted the PSE themselves rather at the dealer? I couldn't see this in a search on the forum

I know that i need the control unit with the extra button but is this an easy setup?
I believe indeed to source a new loom kit to wire up the PSE - are there also any hoses required?
is it just a case of cabling it up or do I also need to code it?

I know that in the end I will just end up pulling the plug to have it permanently on but for resale it would be great to spend a little make it more desirable if i come to sell it - plus lets face it, the car is only missing one button now to even up the cabin...

anybody who has done this - help would be appreciated...

Hi Ducatirob - I saw this but I don't know how similar the 997.1 is vs. the 9976.2..

Plus like i said - I have the PSE so I wouldn't need the latching relay..

mkoenigsheim said:
Hi Ducatirob - I saw this but I don't know how similar the 997.1 is vs. the 9976.2..

Plus like i said - I have the PSE so I wouldn't need the latching relay..

Sorry, I thought you only had the exhausts and needed the switch and control unit! The switch unity is certainly different and the switch connector is wired only for the controls the car is fitted with from the factory. I'm sure you would be able to buy the correct loom, controller, vacuum solenoid etc from Porsche or maybe a car that is being broken.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back