Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It looks like values of 996 Turbos have settled back down

T8

Super Moderator
Isn't that car an automatic?

Also looks like it's had a wack on the front? Bonnet/bumper shut lines don't look right and something about the headlamps doesn't look quite right to me.

X51 996 said:
Isn't that car an automatic?

Also looks like it's had a wack on the front? Bonnet/bumper shut lines don't look right and something about the headlamps doesn't look quite right to me.

Yep, def a Tip obvs and the shut lines are all out. I think the headlights have gone cloudy so just need a refurb. don't like the drilled metal pedal either...

I think back in 2015 that car would have been priced closer to £25k. Mint manuals were fetching £35k. This one does not look that desirable and I agree on the front end damage.

Time to accept it Terry, you should have never sold yours :D

It's because it's a Q plate :mrt:

PS Can you fix my 'lowercase' issue please
cry_blownose.gif

911tom said:
I think back in 2015 that car would have been priced closer to £25k. Mint manuals were fetching £35k.

The price gap between Tips and Manuals was never that big. :hand:

My car (a Tip' with 58k miles) was sold by the dealer in 2015 for just under £31k. I'd happily buy it back today for the same £27.5k he paid me. :D

T8 said:
911tom said:
I think back in 2015 that car would have been priced closer to £25k. Mint manuals were fetching £35k.

The price gap between Tips and Manuals was never that big. :hand:

My car (a Tip' with 58k miles) was sold by the dealer in 2015 for just under £31k. I'd happily buy it back today for the same £27.5k he paid me. :D

Yes I agree Terry if yours sold for £31k then a nice manual would have been £35k. This one is a tip like yours but unlike yours looks a bit wobbly on the front. That is why I have valued it at £25k, trade, if it was for sale in 2015. Private would have been £23k I think.

I'd also buy your old car for £27.5k!

I looked at a Silver manual turbo 2003 at Paragons in 2014 £25k for a spot less car with 100k on the clock and thought it was too pricey

T8 said:
When I was a poor engineering student, I lived just up the road from Burnage, in Levenshulme. This was where my Mk1 XR2 was first stolen from, then retrieved from Gorton, running the gauntlett of kids throwing fireworks as I carried 5l of 4 star (because I knew I'd left it on empty). Burnage is also where Oasis are from.

I do not know the car, or the garage, but would not assume too much about it.

955matt said:
I looked at a Silver manual turbo 2003 at Paragons in 2014 £25k for a spot less car with 100k on the clock and thought it was too pricey

My 2002 was much less than that with similar mileage in Jan 2015.

Prices appear to have softened. However for clean low mileage examples it is still £40k - £45k be they a manula box or tiptronic box. Low mileage means <40k miles not ultra-low <30k miles.

Clean is full history with good paintwork that doesn't require front end stone chip respraying or wheel refurbs and probably pass an independent PPI with less than £2k remedial work in the mid-term and nothing immediately prior to purchase.

High mileage turbo 996 cars obviously much less (c£25k?)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back