Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Option Codes and VIL - Special Editions/Equipment Packages?

X51 996

Hi,

Following on from a recent thread regards options codes/vehicle spec and factory fit equipment I have a question.

It seems as though sometimes individual option codes are not listed when equipment is fitted as part of a package or an 'all in' model.

For example the 996 40th Anniversary models have X51 Powerkit as standard but it's not listed as an individual option on the VIL (?)

Likewise 996 Turbos with the X50 option vs. Turbo S.

Does anyone know what differential code is listed for a 996 40th?

Reason I ask is because I understand they are fitted with an LSD - does it show the LSD as an option (220?) or is it not listed as an option as it's standard with the Anniversary package?

Anyone have a 40th and able to check?

Mine has the 'X74 Sports Chassis (EXCL.)' option listed on the build spec, obviously I know this has the 30/40mm drop in ride height, different springs/dampers/top mounts/ARBs etc but were there any other changes?

Having read a bit of conflicting info on the net (not from here - Pistonheads/other sites etc) I was wondering about what exactly came as part of the Sports Chassis option. Some people have said that an LSD was included? Maybe on the earlier pre-facelifted 996s - no idea.

I then saw a thread on here where someone had found they had an LSD fitted upon removal and they weren't aware that option was fitted.

Seems a bit of a mystery - would be interested in anyone can shed any light on it :thumbs:

Will

According to an article comparing it with a 4S in 911 and Porsche World mag, the 40th edition has a mechanical LSD as well as the uprated power, PSM and lower and firmer suspension. Not gospel of course but probably correct.
Mike

Hi,

Thanks for that - pretty much what I thought, I know it has an LSD but was interested to know what is listed on the VIL for the diff code :thumb:

According to Adrian Streather..

"The 40th anniversary car came with a mechanical LSD with locking rates of 22% under acceleration and 27% under lock-up".

Later on in his book '996 The Essential Companion' I found:

The 'Exclusiv' number listed for this 22/27 option was X75 but apparently it was only available for manual 4wd cars.

and

Option code 220 is listed as Locking Differential 40%.

Further to the above X74 is listed as .....

Sports Suspension kit for narrow body 996 Coupe only. Different part number kits for the Carrera and Carrera 4 by Porsche Exclusiv. Lowers RoW 996 models by 20mm.

Thanks guys.

What I'm basically asking is does anyone have access to a VIL for a 40th Anniversary 996 - and if so what is listed for the differential code?

E.g. - does it simply list the standard '219' code for differential without special mention of the LSD - as it's 'standard' with the 40th Anniversary package? Or is it listed with one of the 22x range of diff options?

Will

Nothing listed on the options sticker in my 40th AE relating to the LSD as far as I can see.

According to the list I have of the general option codes for the 996 (downloaded from this website) none of the "standard" 40th items like X51, M224 LSD, sunroof, M030 suspension etc are not listed. Doesn't even seem to have any reference to the M095 code which the list seems to suggest is the catch all code for the 40th AE although the VIN number does have the 121 digits at the end which I am told was specific to the 40th AE. Clear as mud then.

All the other numbers listed seem to relate to the ones which the original owner specified from the fairly short list of options featured in the sales brochure like phones, BOSE system, comfort seats etc.

Also I have a couple of 5 digit numbers on the codes sheet which I am not sure about - 09991 and 24371 - maybe something to do with the "exclusive" programme I was told (whatever that is??). Also C16 which I think is just the code for UK supply.

Hope that helps in the quest to track down the LSD options.
If anyone knows what the above 5 digit codes are would be interested to know.

Cheers......Ian

Standard options for the regional spec (C16 etc) will not be listed

09991 just means the car has exclusiv options (this is a logistics marker for the factory)

Exclusiv options are all "X00" format, and are options developed by the Exclusiv / Sonderwunsch dept, and may even require removal from the production line and and transport to that department for fitting/completion.

The last FOUR digits of your VIN are your car's serial - this is unique to your car, all prior digits may be shared (as they have a build meaning)

24371 has no specific meaning in this regard

GT4 said:

09991 just means the car has exclusive options (this is a logistics marker for the factory)

The last FOUR digits of your VIN are your car's serial - this is unique to your car, all prior digits may be shared (as they have a build meaning)

Yes, sorry, should have been clearer - the VIN number is as normal on the sticker , then underneath on the next line is "996 121" which I think refers to the 40th AE edition - at least this is what I have been told. The "24371" number is just listed at the end of the option code list.

Cheers.....Ian

To put it another way OP, it would be interesting to see if other C2s of a similar vintage to yours had the '219 Differential' option.

T8 said:
According to Adrian Streather..

"The 40th anniversary car came with a mechanical LSD with locking rates of 22% under acceleration and 27% under lock-up".

Later on in his book '996 The Essential Companion' I found:

The 'Exclusiv' number listed for this 22/27 option was X75 but apparently it was only available for manual 4wd cars.

and

Option code 220 is listed as Locking Differential 40%.

The 22/27 option is not an AWD thing, it is a PSM thing!

If your car has no PSM, then it can have 40/65 LSD
If your car has PSM, then it has to have 22/27 LSD
If your car is AWD it must be de-lined and sent to Sonderwunsch for off-line conversion to an AWD compatible 22/27 LSD.

moorhouse said:
GT4 said:

09991 just means the car has exclusive options (this is a logistics marker for the factory)

Yes, sorry, should have been clearer - the VIN number is as normal on the sticker , then underneath on the next line is "996 121" which I think refers to the 40th AE edition - at least this is what I have been told. The "24371" number is just listed at the end of the option code list.

Cheers.....Ian

Yes, 996-121 is the model identifier

In this case a 996 40th Jarhe RHD

Robertb said:
To put it another way OP, it would be interesting to see if other C2s of a similar vintage to yours had the '219 Differential' option.

219 is the diff code for all RWD 911s, it isn't an option! (ie it is the thing that means you don't have a solid rear axle!)

It will appear in the full build spec (production line recipe), but not the VIL

GT4 said:
Robertb said:

219 is the diff code for all RWD 911s, it isn't an option! (ie it is the thing that means you don't have a solid rear axle!)

It will appear in the full build spec (production line recipe), but not the VIL

Ah thanks... I'm easily confused.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back