Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just visiting from PCGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeb said:
George - I'm R18 Lancashire &Cumbria

I'm also R18...this forum's obviously miles better than pcgb equivalent, but i'd not be without either - pcgb saves me the membership fee on the Insurance renewal only, then there's the opc parts discount and access to the track days which are very well organised and a chance to blast the 993....next up anglesey on the 20th may..

Ok George, you will need to actually upload your photos!

When you reply to a post (or start a new thread), there is an "Add an attachment" section below the main reply/text box.

Actually, it is literally the same section as the submit button!

Click "Choose File" and then navigate to your pictures folder as you would normally on PC and select the required photo.

If you click here:

http://www.911uk.com/attach_rules.php?f=9

You can see the sizes and type requirements.

The main issue will be file size (<1MB)

As long as you can resize you photos (using your PC photo programs or Microsoft Paint), then it will store your photos on the 911uk server an add to the bottom of your posts.

Welcome George, Us water cooled guys don't have beards or wear sandals with socks but we are still a friendly bunch over on the 997 and 996 pages. :thumb: :grin:

Always had a soft spot for guards red. My old 3.2

Sold 6yrs ago for £10k :sad:

URL=http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/graemeho/media/IMG_0169.jpg.html]

IMG_0169.jpg
[/URL]

Welcome :)

Hell of a big change of cars there ..

Hopefully we wont speak very often ..

I do my best here to fix problems so i expect with a 718 i wont be needed :D

Welcome aboard George, enjoy the last few weeks in the 993.

I'm blown away with the warm welcome and flurry of responses. So thank you again. This is a very active forum. Are the other models are well catered for, or just the 993 forum that is so busy? I will try to keep up with all the questions - there was me thinking I would be doing all the asking! I only really get the opportunity to look in on the website in the mornings, so apologies for the backlog. Also having some issues with IT - made worse by my son saying I should hide my registration number to stop criminals copying it, so forgive my first use of the Paint program mentioned by "T8", I think.
"HPNer" - I will definitely miss the old girl, she has been one of the few unchanging aspects of my life for almost two decades. I will bear your kind offer in mind, but I really need to sell in March or April. My Boxster is due in the first week of May (I am doing a factory collection as a special gift to myself, oh, and the wife - although I suspect I will get more out of it!),
I must say, there are some very pretty looking Guards Red Porsches posted - I hardly ever see any others on the road, even at the PCGB meets. Although the upside is I can always find my car again at the end of the day! On that note, I am suitably embarrassed "T8", no one has previously corrected me at PCGB - perhaps too polite or diplomatic or simply humouring an old man. I must have been thinking of a Rover 75 I had that had a "Triptronic". After your post I had to get the handbook out and check, and yes, there is no "R" - I hope I haven't scored a permanent black mark if you are a "Moderator"? "Demort" - ah yes, well the new Boxster will hopefully be stress free motoring, not that the 993 has ever been unreliable, but the warranty is certainly peace of mind, and the build quality and solidity of the new cars is head and shoulders above the old Beetle (as much as I love the old girl). It will be a big change, but I didn't mention, probably because after all these years I don't even think about it really - the 993 is actually Left Hand Drive, so it can be more of an issue driving in this country, especially if I jump between it and my XF or the wife's Golf. In that respect, the Boxster will be much easier to live with (the wife will stop complaining about having to get out in the middle of the road too!). "Pretzel" - I expect to re-tax the 993 on the 1st of March, but ultimately that will just be with a view to its sale, sadly.

Attachments

• dsc4006_small_909.jpg
    dsc4006_small_909.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 4,057
That looks awesome George.

Not just a 993 Carrera Tiptronic S in Guards Red, but a beautiful 993 Carrera 2S Tiptronic S in Guards Red.

Stunning.
More pics please, they are rare in Red and wide body I think!

Hello, are you seeking to PX or selling privately? That car could well be worth a lot more than you think. With some details - mileage and spec you will get a good idea from the forum. Regardless of mileage you know it's worth well over £30k right?

George Eaton said:
I'm blown away with the warm welcome and flurry of responses. So thank you again. This is a very active forum. Are the other models are well catered for, or just the 993 forum that is so busy?

Welcome George...

That widebody S looks fantastic in red. After 15 years it will leave a big hole in your motoring life!

The other forum divisions are busy too, I'm an interloper from the 996 section.

I think the 996 forum is the busiest ....... I sometimes pop in there to borrow a "kettle" to make a cup of tea ....... ;)

madalaa said:
I think the 996 forum is the busiest ....... I sometimes pop in there to borrow a "kettle" to make a cup of tea ....... ;)

There's always lots to talk about in the 996 forum! :mechanic:

George, I think the 993, 996 and 997 forums are all quite active as is the members lounge and the meets forums. but most people seem to cross between them immaterial of which Pork model is in your Garage . :thumb: :grin: there is not any friction( maybe a little light banter) on this forum between beardies and Kettle owners. :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Fellow South West member here although not been to any of the meetings.

There's a good bunch of us around Dorset so we'll have to get you out on the next curry night to introduce yourself and your girl...before you sell her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back