Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

9ff exhaust on a turbo

Can't help you mate other than to say if it fits the GT2 then it will fit a turbo

911tom said:
Can't help you mate other than to say if it fits the GT2 then it will fit a turbo

Thanks mate, was 99% sure it did.

Was gonna buy yours from you but I snoozed, and you know what happens when you snooze
loser.gif

But 9ff are a bit old school, just wondering if technology has moved and there are better options.

Don't know how it compares price wise, but you can't go far wrong with the 9e switchable jobby. [edited to say, I just read your link & it appears to be non switchable, and more expensive . . if I remember correctly the 9e version is around 3500 + VAT ? ]

Haven't heard (no pun intended) about the 9ff one anywhere, I would be very cautious about buying something you haven't heard , as some of them sound woeful.

When I bought mine back in 2007 it had an Eisenmann fitted, which I insisted was replaced with an OEM x50 exhaust prior to the sale, as it was just LOUD, not nice, but B O O M Y & loud. . . . bloody awful. I am sure it would have induced a headache within 15min on a motorway run , and I could not for the life of me figure out how anyone ( he was Turkish German, do they like this tosh ? ) would shell out for something that sounded so awful.

9e seem to be quite Kline-inclined at the moment (don't know if is switchable, or if that is on your "want-list" ) & I think a few peeps on here have them, so will be able to comment.

If practicable, the best plan is to get someone to take you for a run in a vehicle with your preferred enhancement fitted, really the only way to reliably assess if you can live with it.

Thanks for that input, appreciate you taking the time to respond in such detail.

When googling, I am sure I found an old PH thread of yours about changing the exhaust a few times. It was yours or someone else on here, but had comments from you either way.

Will try to find someone with one before I commit then. I have an after maket one on mine at the moment BUT I do not kno what it is...yes, it is an exhaust :sad: but no idea what brand :dont know: Mine is a bit 'droney' :nooo:

Will keep researching... :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back