Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo GT2 Side Skirt Rocker Panels

Gen2pdk

Hi guys.

Does anyone know of a comoany oreferably uk based that sells aftermarket versions of the GT2 side skirts. I have had a quote from porsche for them and at £1200 it seems a bit high for some tiny plastic parts. I found a comoany that have them but only for the Narrow Body so thats a dead end aswell.

Of anyone has any info that would be great.

I have a 997 Turbo and fitted the side sill covers off the GT2 (the 997 GTS has the same covers) a couple of years ago. The part number is 9975043648001C and I got mine from Design 911.

The ones I bought were genuine OE replacements and with various discounts cost me about £610 for the pair (I live in the Channel Islands so no VAT). I think they're expensive for what is just a plastic moulding, but they look a whole lot better than standard and add a subtle difference to the car.

I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

Shewie said:
I have a 997 Turbo and fitted the side sill covers off the GT2 (the 997 GTS has the same covers) a couple of years ago. The part number is 9975043648001C and I got mine from Design 911.

The ones I bought were genuine OE replacements and with various discounts cost me about £610 for the pair (I live in the Channel Islands so no VAT). I think they're expensive for what is just a plastic moulding, but they look a whole lot better than standard and add a subtle difference to the car.

That's my next mod sorted then !! :thumb:

Here you go.... Not the best photo as I took it when I got home but it gives an idea. 10min job to replace just a few Torx screws

Attachments

• img_0246_169.jpg
    img_0246_169.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 5,171
Shewie said:
Here you go.... Not the best photo as I took it when I got home but it gives an idea. 10min job to replace just a few Torx screws

no offence mate but that picture is useless :D

seeforez said:
Shewie said:

no offence mate but that picture is useless :D

No worries... I'll try and get the headlight washers in next time :thumb:

Edge has got the GT2 side skirts fitted to his 997.2 turbo

Boba fett said:
Shewie said:

That's my next mod sorted then !! :thumb:

I thought you were selling and getting a Fezza?

Attachments

• img_0594_110.jpg
    img_0594_110.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 5,116
  • img_0595_402.jpg
    img_0595_402.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 5,115
  • img_0600_646.jpg
    img_0600_646.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 5,115
The same skirts are on the GTS. I think I paid about £600 for mine. Long time ago so can't remember. Certainly wasn't much more.

isysman said:
The same skirts are on the GTS. I think I paid about £600 for mine. Long time ago so can't remember. Certainly wasn't much more.

Isys, just out of curiosity did you keep them matt black to match the front lip, if you have any better pics side view etc

No I didn't have them painted. I wanted them to match the front lip.

Yes thats what I thought , I am going to keep mine matt black as well , thanks for the extra pic now I can see it better :thumb:

Thanks for the replies. I tried xclusive customs but they only sell them for the 997 narrow body it would seem so no lick there. They do certainly look great, £600 i would pay for sure, knowing the GTS skirts are the same is a great help as a bet the £900+vat price was hicked because it says GT2 in the part description.

Ill have another look tomorrow, if i find anything useful i will post details here for anyone else interested.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back