Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster 987 window problem

Sandeep1221

Apologies if this has been asked before, searched the forum but couldn't find the issue.

This morning after some cold weather and rain, I noticed the passenger side window drops and goes up again. This is the same distance as pulling the door handle from the inside and out.

However, this process keeps repeating itself over and over again.....even when the car is started but then stops suddenly.

It has happened before during similar weather conditions and randomly disappears and the process returns back to normal.

I have checked the carpets in various places and they are dry.

Has anymore experienced similar issues?

Thank you

There are microswitches incorporated into the lock assembly that tell the car when the door handle is lifted (obviously to generate the drop of the window to clear the seal) these become faulty and cause the symptom you have.

The part is common to VW cars (Mark 4 and5 Golf from memory) there's aftermarket parts available without Porsche tax and it's a straightforward DIY job

Thanks

I will take a look into that.

So far I have had the settings factory reset but the issue is still there.

Yea .. err thats a control unit fault i think .. try to close the window then hold the button in the up position for 5 seconds .. that will teach it its top position .. if that doesnt work then i feel a new window motor / cu might be in order .

If there was a fault with the roof switch then it would drop further down .

I have tried that too.

The carpet area around the CU is completely dry though.

This morning after locking the car the passenger window would drop (to clear the seal) after 10 seconds causing the alarm to go off.

It's seems temperamental.

With a tester you can code off comfort settings which stops random window dropping when locked but thats not your problem i think.

The control unit is part of the window motor .. its inside the door cards , software / roll back feature seem to be messing around imho .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back