Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Connect Services ( 911.2)

Rayo2703 said:
I was at Porsche Hatfield yesterday and was told that the full range of services is now available for the 991.2.Has anyone received an email or letter explaining how to get it??

They are going to look into it and come back to me next week.

Got a letter from "Porsche Cars" last week, saying that a navigation & software update is now available.
Will have - update maps, access new intelligent online services, etc

Update takes about 2 hours and is free.

You're then meant to "activate your car in the Porsche Connect portal" then you get an email to register. I think you do this after software update.

The letter says - for more info, visit porsche.co.uk/connect

Other than the software update, the rest sticks to the clarity of info I've come to expect from Porsche :dont know:

I am told that I already have the latest software but still cannot access it. Apparently you have to wait for an email from Porsche but when that will arrive no-one seems to know. Very frustrating.

Contacted dealer, they say no change available yet from Porsche for the 991.2.

Rayo2703 said:
I am told that I already have the latest software but still cannot access it. Apparently you have to wait for an email from Porsche but when that will arrive no-one seems to know. Very frustrating.

Yes, but in addition to a software update, there also is a map update - all this according to the letter I got.

6appeal said:
Contacted dealer, they say no change available yet from Porsche for the 991.2.

Curious as I believe we got our cars round about the same time.
Mine is July 2016 vintage.

yes is a bit odd... although now that you mention that, i do recall that the dealer guys remarked that from my end July/early August build slot, when they received it later in August for my Sept collection, "it was the first 911 they'd seen with a different version of the PCM since the run of cars from launch end 2015" type comment.

So for now, i assume that 991.2 cars built from launch (Nov 15?) to July 16 have one generation of the software, that is now available for a minor update, to that which was installed from July 16 onwards.

The main update on the horizon is allegedly to the same version of functions that in the launch model of new Panamera and on the website.... that's the one the dealer has advised me that we should be notified about at some stage in the future.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back