Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Headers - Gen 1 C2S

DucatiRob

Mugello
As my car goes away next week for non-cosmetic surgery, I'm thinking of supplying some new headers for them to stick on when it all goes back together! Seems like a job that I may regret not having done whilst the engine is apart if I had to do it in a year or two time.

Prices vary considerably and from the £100 ebay items to £800+. I know someone on here had fitted the ebay ones and was very pleased with them, just wondering if anyone else can recommend any well priced headers. Well priced being important as I have had to sell one of my girlfriends children to pay for my rebuild :sad:

I can only find the cheap ebay ones for the 3.6, don't seem t be available for the S!

Aren't they the same for both 3.6 & 3.8? I think they are.

I have the cheapo Chinese ones off eBay and over 2 years on - can't fault them.

Here are the company that make them: http://www.mgpracing.cn/

Rob, have a look at the topgear equal length headers . maybe an option at mid range money :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Rob, have a look at the topgear equal length headers . maybe an option at mid range money :thumb:

I bet they're the same ones.

Have a look for eBay item number 132080499106
Look similar to X51 but aftermarket I think. Apparently the seller has the one for the other side as well.

J Holmes said:
Look similar to X51 but aftermarket I think. Apparently the seller has the one for the other side as well.

Ahh! Shame, he only has the OS listed! Would have been very interested in those! :frustrated:

alex yates said:
Aren't they the same for both 3.6 & 3.8? I think they are.

I have the cheapo Chinese ones off eBay and over 2 years on - can't fault them.

Here are the company that make them: http://www.mgpracing.cn/

I would have guessed they would be the same but when you check compatibility on ebay it says they will not fit :dont know:

If you do a search for 997 S headers it brings others up that say compatible with both 3.6 & 3.8 :dont know:

I had similar fitted and I am well happy, i also had all the bolts replaced with a titanium stud kit to avoid further issues if removal is needed.

Attachments

• img_2700_893.jpg
    img_2700_893.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 4,548
DucatiRob said:
J Holmes said:

Ahh! Shame, he only has the OS listed! Would have been very interested in those! :frustrated:

Those items are the stock headers from the 997.1 3.6 they look like X51 but are a smaller bore the 3.6 has different shape headers to the 3.8 they are infact better shape headers and give better gas flow. the 996 3.6 also used that shape headers. :thumb:

Stever845 said:
I had similar fitted and I am well happy, i also had all the bolts replaced with a titanium stud kit to avoid further issues if removal is needed.

Interesting, so these fit your C2S? They look the same as the cheap ebay ones and the ones from Germany that Alex has:

http://www.gm-carsolution.de/PORSCHE/Faecherkruemmer-387/Faecherkruemmer-Porsche-996-997-911.html

To me they look the same as there is a joint in the rearmost header pipe that has the tightest bend, this is common with the ebay/Chinese ones. The topgear headers have a slightly distorted pipe where it s bent!

Still none the wiser as to whether these will fit a 3.8 :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back