Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 tyre pump not working

johne

Spa-Francorchamps
can you buy spare parts for these .or is it best to just source a new one ? and where could I find one ?

...... source a second hand one ...... e-bay ...... "breakers yard" ......

Have you investigated the problem with the pump?

The plug that connects pump to cigar lighter is poorly designed and can have loose connections internally.

Another possible issue is the motor brushes. Mine once failed and it turned out to be a corroded spring on the brush; easily repaired with a spring from an old biro.

By the way the correct term is compressor so to avoid inviting fury from the illuminati it is advisable to use this term exclusively.

the correct term is compressor

Indeed ...... but I didn't want to compound his slight misery ...... ;)

993 tyre pump not working (compressor)

rekon if I carry on ill be banned soon :judge:

See if MattyR will sell you his :grin:

This could become as infamous as the 'Techart Spoiler Affair' :what:

Woa, woa! £36.00 via eBay; it's far too precious to sell!

If you can't find a 'correct' one, then 997 generation auto hobby compressors (<== really??) are readily available on eBay. They don't look much different and more usefully incorporate the pressure gauge, which saves a lot of faffing about. That's water-cooled progress for you 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back