Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fitting aftermarket head unit

Harris1

I am planning to replace the CDR23 in my C4S with a double din Pioneer unit, I have six speakers two in dash, two in doors and two in rear, If I remove the factory amp should I wire the two dash speakers and door speakers in series and the rears independently? Anyone offer any guidance

No, don't do that. That would damage the amp. unless you put a three-way crossover in and wire them all separately...

In mine, I use the head unit to drive the front and rears and a separate amp driving the door speakers (phono / RCA from the head-unit sub output)
JL, pioneer and Kenwood do a small amp that fits into the space left when you remove the factory amp.

I'd also recommend changing the dash & rear speakers for better units.

how much power do the door speakers need? can i get away with one of the small two channel mini amps?

Thanks, I had read that the speakers were an odd resistance 2ohm? which was why i thought they need connecting in series

That's a nominal impedance, but the Pioneer unit is 2Ohm capable (which is why I chose it) the similar JL one is about £70 more.

Harris1 said:
thanks, do you know where to get a wiring diagram for the amp?

PM me your email and I'll send it out to you, though what info are you after? I can probably help you out. :)

If you're going to drive the dash rear speakers from the head unit, then I suggest you bypass the car's loom from the ISO socket at the rear of the HU to the amp as it uses a shared earth which most modern systems don't like.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back