Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2?

Diggermeister said:
However, I now have PS2s on and love them. The work well in all conditions on the road and inspire great confidence in the wet - rear brakes traction very progressively. They did well on the track at the Nurburgring, although might, I guess, not fare so well heat-wise on shorter circuits.

At the time I fitted new tyres though, I could not see any PS4s available for turbo sizes, are they out there now?

Hi Diggermeister

Thanks for the feedback on PS2 on a Turbo... in terms of PS4's Turbo sizing, they weren't listed a few weeks back when I checked, but tyre manufacturers for the majority seem to stage the size production of a tyre range (so I guess nowadays 19" and 20" get preference first) but I am hoping our 18" sizes will be along soon enough - ideally by the summer! ;)

[/quote]How significant is the increase in rolling radius from 285/30 to 275/35? Would have been significant I'd have thought?[/quote]

3.4% based on generic tyres of those sizes.

Mike

A set of ps4's ordered for the weekend.

Thanks again guys for the feedback.

I was thinking of the sizes a turbo needs.

What size do you need for your turbo?

it takes 225/40/18 and 295/30/18. I dont need new tyres yet but i found the rears were tricky to find sizes for.

Ah right, in that case you won't be able to fit PS4. Your options are Cup 2's or PS2's.

It doesn't seem strange how Michelin are not offering the standard sizes in their newer range.

sackerley said:
Ah right, in that case you won't be able to fit PS4. Your options are Cup 2's or PS2's.

It doesn't seem strange how Michelin are not offering the standard sizes in their newer range.

Does or doesn't seem strange? It looks like ps2 is being phased out accorded to their website but they have no replacement for them. I may have to start using non n rated tyres at this rate.

chriscoates81 said:
sackerley said:

Does or doesn't seem strange? It looks like ps2 is being phased out accorded to their website but they have no replacement for them. I may have to start using non n rated tyres at this rate.

Hi Chris, I think (hope) its simply the manufactures roll out process for the product. Most tyre manufactures realise the most common sizes initially. That said I do recall on the Michelin Super Sports that they didn't quite offer the correct rear tyre size... used to be something like 18x295x(35or40). Definitely not 30 profile... I believe quite a few owners still fitted these though as the profile difference was minimal due to the tyre design of that model... so PS4 may follow suit. Hope that helps! Mr B

Sorry, I meant that it does seem strange that they don't offer standard sizes.

From what I've read, there seems little point in sticking to N rated if your cars out of warranty, which I'd guess most of ours are.

I'm not sure what is as good as the ps2s in the sizes I need. I had contest on my c2 and p zeros (both n rated) bit they weren't as good. I know there's a fairly big increase in choice for non n rated tyres but again I don't know what's good unless owners review them. It's all good and well saying they're fine on low power cars but a 911 is a different kettle of fish.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back