Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Turbo Manual Cabriolet Midnight Blue

HPNer said:
There aren't many things that would unstick Zingari's syrup . . . but I think this car might!
:grin:

:hand: Too right chum. Plus it will have more scuttle shake than Great Aunt Winnifred's top set :what:

My word, what a crazy world we live in.

I'm gonna see what my 007 limited edition Eau de sh1te goes for after seeing this.

Put limited numbers or limited edition in front of almost anything and its evident some humans become proper suckers for it.

Don't whinge too much - the prices seen by 73 RSs and GT2s and the like are effectively dragging up the value of the entire air-cooled 911 range - sort of guilt by association.

That said the guide price does seem a tad optimistic. Apparently that car was up for sale for €1M. The hammer price will be telling.

I think its marvellous that Porsche was producing these bespoke models.

I wonder if they still provide a similar service?

"Hi, this is OPC Reading here, we like a dozen 'turbo Targas' - and let me tell you now we're after some pretty lurid colours...!"

Would this elicit a polite "Sorry, no" or "Sure, no problem!"?

I suspect tighter type approval regulations have put paid to such cars unless you're the Sultan of Brunei and have deep pockets and can write your own rules?

And with the mega profits Porsche makes and their waiting lists for the more interesting cars could they even be bothered in this day and age?

interesting its been upgrade to the MUCH better looking 993 Twin Turbo rear spoiler wing

The original ones had the 964 wing (see below)

Also note they had the old 964 3.4 Single turbo not the soon to be introduced twin turbo

Attachments

• porsche_993_turbo_cabriolet_130.jpg
    porsche_993_turbo_cabriolet_130.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 2,556
I thought these were 1995 cars, in which case the twin turbo units should have been available as I'm pretty certain there are turbos on M plates. Unless these were being developed / built before the new power train had been signed-off, of course. I'm sure I read that the first prototype 993 turbos were road registered in late 1993.

Anyhow I love it :thumb:

Thought it looked familiar . . .
:grin:

Attachments

• dicky_639.jpg
    dicky_639.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 2,511
tim993 said:
I thought these were 1995 cars, in which case the twin turbo units should have been available as I'm pretty certain there are turbos on M plates. Unless these were being developed / built before the new power train had been signed-off, of course. I'm sure I read that the first prototype 993 turbos were road registered in late 1993.

Anyhow I love it :thumb:

It was a 12-off special and hand built

It will look like a £50k car to 99.9% of the peoples.

Imagine having to explain to SWMBO how you picked it up for a bargain €800,000......'well it's got this spoiler from the last model car and with a drop of WD40, the hood May sit a bit lower.'

I can see why Porsche were not confident in shifting more than 12 :grin:

Scholester said:

Imagine having to explain to SWMBO how you picked it up for a bargain €800,000......'well it's got this spoiler from the last model car and with a drop of WD40, the hood May sit a bit lower.'

to be fair Porsche didn't, a german dealer asked Porsche Exclusive (different building)

tedzwedz said:
Scholester said:

to be fair Porsche didn't, a german dealer asked Porsche Exclusive (different building)

Who was on drugs...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back