Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reflecting after my last proper drive of 2016.

GP41 said:
I never intended to SORN but the amount I've been able to get out in December/January makes me wonder whether I should next winter.

If you do make sure you SORN on 30th November. If you leave it until 1st December you won't get that month back.

Similarly don't re-tax in advance as the tax applies straight away so on 31st January you'd pay for a whole month you didn't use.

The whole process is painless and takes about 4 minutes. It's just a case of doing it on the right day.

T8 said:
GP41 said:
I never intended to SORN but the amount I've been able to get out in December/January makes me wonder whether I should next winter.

If you do make sure you SORN on 30th November. If you leave it until 1st December you won't get that month back.

Similarly don't re-tax in advance as the tax applies straight away so on 31st January you'd pay for a whole month you didn't use.

The whole process is painless and takes about 4 minutes. It's just a case of doing it on the right day.

Thanks Terry

T8 said:
Some people scorn those who SORN. The £85 I saved in road-tax will replenish my tank with V-Power - after I've had 300 miles of smiles. :dance:

Not sure I've spotted much 'scorn' but then I've never really looked. If I had a different lifestyle I might SORN. I don't. If I had a different philosophy to driving I might. But I don't.

But there's room in the universe for multiple perspectives I think :dont know:

T8 said:
So yesterday the C-Tek came off and the invisible tax disc went on.

I was pleased that 'Red' fired majestically into life - just as if she'd only been parked up the day before - and surprised that she didn't bellow any smoke at all given that I know the oil level was on the max line on the day she was SORN'd.

Had I missed driving the old girl over the last two months? No, not really.

Would I have done any of the 1350 miles I covered in the last 2 months in her instead of one of the others ? Nope.

Did I enjoy my 35 mile cross-country run yesterday, despite the drizzly rain and busy roads? Hell yeah. :)

2017 starts here. MOT booked for Monday. OPC service booked for the 15th and after that another 6k miles in 911 heaven awaits.

Some people scorn those who SORN. The £85 I saved in road-tax will replenish my tank with V-Power - after I've had 300 miles of smiles. :dance:

Wow! back on the road so soon? Must admit, I do miss the old girl over the winter months & I'm seriously getting the itch now, despite having the S3 as a daily!

Unfortunately the roads up north are still being salted on a daily basis, & the recent forecast of more snow means it'll be another couple of months before it comes out of hibernation...

I've got a bit of a dilemma along these lines. I'm off to Scotland in a week and need to decide whether to take the A4 estate with loads of space, no worries about salt but big fat tyres that are hopeless in snow or go in the C4 with winters on. The journey is 95% motorway so it won't be the most thrilling drive so I'm not necessarily desperate to take the 911... :dont know:

the old girl

Well that certainly is a misnomer in comparison to some ........ lol ....... ;)

I went out and done £60 in fuel the other day, just for the hell of it. Not in the 911 though.

I went off to some roads I dont usually go on and could not believe the state of some of the roads, pot holes, bad road work repairs and joins and apparently its only going to get worse.

Before long we will not be able to enjoy sports cars with ultra low profile tyres / suspension etc. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back