Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Replacement Exhaust system

dnb

Hi all,

Can anyone help.

My left hand side heat exchange has a rusted split on the welds (not flange) and my cat is rattling like buggary so i'm weighing up the options of both replacing old with new or replacing the whole system with the dansk below:

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod1...ts--Sports-Rear-Box-system-Porsche-964-C2-C4/

Does anyone have any experience with this system?

I can deal with the heat loss (as I only drive the car in the summer) but I wanted to also know if anyone has capped the second exhaust outlet (as i don't want to cut out the rear bumper)? if so, what with and did it affect performance?

Also if you've fitted one did the car need remapping?

Any advise would be appreciated.

dnb.

Attachments

• screen_shot_2017_02_07_at_111346_133.png
    screen_shot_2017_02_07_at_111346_133.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 6,421
  • screen_shot_2017_02_07_at_111346_683.png
    screen_shot_2017_02_07_at_111346_683.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 6,421
Hi, I have no experience of Dansk exhausts, appears to be a very reasonable price, if you ever plan to sell the car having no heat would I imagine put off a lot of people. There are other alternatives. But would cost more than the Dansk.
With regards to the left side outlet, you can get an aftermarket left side rear bumper part with the exhaust outlet, would obviously need painting though, as far as mapping, that shouldn't be necessary, also if your car is pre 92 it doesn't need cats.

Hi,

I had a Dansk SS system, one in - two out on mone a while ago. I'm wondering why you are going for a two in - two out system if you want to block off one of the outlets? Dansk supply various configurations and it would be worth your while going through their catalogue to find a suitable sytstem.

Don't forget if you take away the heat, your de-mist won't be effective and even in the summer you might be grateful of it.

I would also take a look at Fabspeed systems which are much better quality than Dansk. The Fabspeed headers with heat exchangers are beautifully made and they will last for decades. I use their RS system (two - in, two - out for the RSR) on the front part on my system (I now have bespoke rear box) but again they do all configurations and they will respond quickly with advice to your contact.

This is a photo of my car with the Fabspeed RS system to give you an idea of quality. If you do decide to go for a twin out system their are plenty of people making NS bumper sections already moulded for the extra exhaust eliminating the need to cut your original bumper.

Good luck,
Paul

Thanks all - i'm going to explore the fabspeed options. I'm just in the process of removing the old exhaust manifolds (snapped studs already :x ) - once i get the buggers off, i'll explore further but thanks for the info - much appreciated!

If it helps I

1) cat by-pass (from Ninemister)

2) cup pipe from Catgraphics

3) acorn muffler from Dansh

4) twin pipes outlet from Ruf

Sounds lovely :D

I fitted a Fabspeed system to my car and it was fantastic and very high quality.

I still have the genuine Porsche left hand bumper piece. If you would like to purchase it to cut and save your own, drop me an e mail ([email protected]).

It will not be expensive. Velvet red so probably will need painting.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back