Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

You do such good write ups Jon!
I'm reading your post and thinking sh*t that will be me on Mon 20 Feb albeit in a non GTS :wink:
Congratulations on the car buddy enjoy it! :thumb:
P.s. Keep the descriptive posts coming :wink:

The return of Marty Wild said:
Haven't they come on far since the first iteration, lovely car!

I was never a fan of the earlier ones but after owing a 997 for 5 years, selling it and then seeing the front of the 981 it was a done deal.
Seems a bit bizarre to me really going from a 911 to Boxster but I know deep down it's the correct choice. Strange..........

Lovely GTS that.
Should get an Evo triangle day set up if a few of us are local.

I'm up for that once spring arrives.
Mine is going into storage for a bit so I can detail her/him :roll:

Yep I;m defo up for more hobby car fun this year than I have managed in the last 2.

I've just picked up some filming goodies to play around with on runs:

- Hero 5 with Karma grip
- several professional standard car mounting grips
- Mavic drone camera

I've had them a week and not even taken them out of the box (the Mavics where on back order, I ordered a while ago)

Will the spinners from the RR wheels fit :dont know:

I've said it before 981S is the dog's gonads. A perfect set up :thumb:

Stunning car and great write up! Could really get a sense of your excitement which even put a smile on my face as I read it! :) Love it!

Zingari said:
Will the spinners from the RR wheels fit :dont know:

I've said it before 981S is the dog's gonads. A perfect set up :thumb:

the wheel badge would not stay pointed to the valve cap :hand:

Well the car has returned home for the first time tonight.....

Sussex to Liverpool in mixed weather (including light snow) gave me plenty of time to sort out the software. One thing for sure its much faster than Range Rover, nice that maps are instantly available when you get in the car etc.....

The heated seats are as hot as any I've had before.......

I had the sport exhaust setting on all the way :grin:

and took a detour for the last 20 miles to try some of my favourite back roads. The roads where slippery so I did not want to push too hard but...... sport mode with sports exhaust.......... just sooooooo much fun. I just love the downshift blips and overrun....... then sports plus with PASM :eek: ..... BRUTAL, just BRUTAL....... I absolutely loved it. I managed to get the traction going on exits to bends, did I say how brutal that is......... but felt so confident in the car. I hit the motorway again for the last bit of my trip and left it in sports plus with with PASM off........ the noise, the gearchange, the noise and then ....... oh Sh!t :oops: erm better get sensible with the speed :grin:

I am so pleased with the car. The useable power, the noise, the size / weight / balance is better than any car I've ever driven on those roads today. I have driven the same A/B roads I detoured to in all sorts of exotica from Ferraris, to lambos but in none did I have as much fun.

Thats me set for the summer then :thumb:

When I went out for a test spin a few weeks ago that is exactly how I described the car 'brutal', it really really is! It's unbelievable and I never thought I'd say that :thumb:
A week Monday....roll on 👍
Enjoy Jon! 👍

Cheers,

you have a looooong week ahead of you lol

I do! :grin:
I'm just thinking of all the different ways you can set the car up with it having all the toys!
Having them all on is pure 'brutal'. I needed a change of boxers pardon the pun :grin:

So given I did a c450 trip (more than I did in the 993 in the whole of last year) in mixed weather straight from picking the car up I thought I would give it its first wash today to get to know it a little better. Being parked in a hotel car park for 2 days I have not really looked at it properly.....

You know someone had OCD when they make sure EVERY centre cap faces the tyre valve :thumb:

Keep the pics coming Jon. That car is beautiful!
I especially like alcantara.
:thumb:

jonttt said:
You know someone had OCD when they make sure EVERY centre cap faces the tyre valve :thumb:

I'd have to change that orange bulb for a silver one. Would that be more OCD (on the grounds of aesthetics) or less OCD (on the grounds of originality)? :dont know:

Very nice car. They do make a great noise. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back