Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spare wheel & tyre storage

Roro

What's the best way to store a spare set of wheels, what do you guys all do?

Should I store the wheels flat or is upright ok?

I'm not planning to mount on the walls, so I was thinking of using a couple of planks of 2x2 to just hold the wheels in place in the corner of the garage :?:

I have various sets of wheels shod with tyres and I just have them stacked on their side. I cannot imagine that there is much of an issue as they are not under load as they would be on a car. I think a cool dark place is best to prevent degredation of the rubber.

Mine are variously in the shed and garage and as I say one on top of the other. I do also have some protected by tyre bags. I had to get some Michelin bags from France as they were not obviously for sale over here. The other set (forget the make but were from the USA).

Pip

I put mine flat and not stacked in the shade...ie not direct sunlight

Stacked in pairs (front on rear) in tyre bags for mine. I haven't checked recently, but when I got them the best tyre bags at sensible money for 997 GT3 sized wheels were actually Audi ones (IIRC it was the size for the A8 at the time, but this is going back a fair few years).

Cheers chaps :thumb:

I'll probably just stack on their sides then. Hadn't thought about tyre bags so thanks for the pointer 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back