Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Motorcyclist gets 4 months

The legal system is a complete joke at times, i am flabber gasted

If you've ever watched 'Road Wars' or the ilk, you see some crazy stuff that causes god knows how much damage and puts so many at risk. Then at the end of the show, its always the same with 'suspended sentence' for this and for that. No one ever goes down for anything.

Then people killing people by falling asleep or using their phone, that's fine, try not to do it again. Then when someone speeds at a moment when there is no one about and he is the only person at risk.... boom, let's put him inside.

Bl00dy ridiculous.

Bikers always get shafted. Always have done always will. Both police and magistrates harbour a 'hooligan' prejudice against them. A mate of mine got caught doing a wheelie. Quite a big wheelie to be honest. But well controlled. I know it's naughty but he got a 12 month ban, £1200 fine and bike test re sit. Harsh.
I read in the paper last week about a bird who ran over and killed a 22 year old cyclist. She was texting at the time. No jail. Suspended sentence. She got off with it because she had a kid. It's all wrong.
As said, we regularly see these oxygen thieves stealing cars then driving about like maniacs not giving a f**k about anyone else. They should be dragged from 'their' cars and given an IRA style beating.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Bikers always get shafted. Always have done always will. Both police and magistrates harbour a 'hooligan' prejudice against them. A mate of mine got caught doing a wheelie. Quite a big wheelie to be honest. But well controlled. I know it's naughty but he got a 12 month ban, £1200 fine and bike test re sit. Harsh.
I read in the paper last week about a bird who ran over and killed a 22 year old cyclist. She was texting at the time. No jail. Suspended sentence. She got off with it because she had a kid. It's all wrong.
As said, we regularly see these oxygen thieves stealing cars then driving about like maniacs not giving a f**k about anyone else. They should be dragged from 'their' cars and given an IRA style beating.

Agreed!!

Maybe I am being a bit unfair with the comparison???

Scotland has it's own laws and maybe the van driver may have had a different sentence there.

I have this impression that Scotland is a bit harder on speeders, what with all those "Specs" cameras everywhere :dont know:

On the mountain road on the I.O.M (TT course) he would not have even broken the law! (unless they have introduced a speed limit since I moved away)

...but the poor biker would not have thought he would get a custodial sentence especially, as he had got a clean licence and the Judge does not appear to have taken any mitigating circumstances into account. Hope he appeals it.

However, the area may have a high death rate and he is being made an example of :dont know:

Up yours Mr Judge :judge: :gunfire:

I'm afraid that the Sheriffs in the Highlands are a law unto themselves and this doesn't surprise me in the least.
Many years ago a local business man in Inverness got caught doing, what was then the fastest speed ever on a UK road, I think it was 155 mph but don't quote me. He got a ban for a number of years but I don't think he got the jail and he was in a 911!
I got chased one night on a Ducati 916 SP that I'd just bought, I vanished and hid in the drive way of a private house. The officer who was chasing me was recounting the story to a friend of mine who knew it was me on the bike, the officer didn't, and he told my mate that he estimated that I was doing 170mph!
I can't remember because I was shaking that much when I got off the bike that it took me nearly 15 minutes to clam down!
I'd probably still be inside now if I'd got caught!

Reminds me of a journey over to the Ring once, my mate driving had probably got a little excited before we had even left the UK.

Up came flashing lights on the horizon behind us on the A11, he kept it flawed, we left the A11 at the next junction made some real progress into the next village. Where he parked the car up around the back of a Chinese whilst we went for a swift half to calm our nerves.

Loved the bassy sound of those 916 and 996s, wonderful bikes!

A modern superbike will reach those speeds so easily, but there is always a time and a place for such hooning. It's getting caught that's the stupid thing and unfortunately too many bikers don't seem to be able to control themselves on roads where they may get pinged. Looks like the judge wanted to set an example, it clearly worked as we are all talking about it.

Shurv said:
A modern superbike will reach those speeds so easily, but there is always a time and a place for such hooning. It's getting caught that's the stupid thing and unfortunately too many bikers don't seem to be able to control themselves on roads where they may get pinged. Looks like the judge wanted to set an example, it clearly worked as we are all talking about it.

Very true. A modern superbike will reach prison speeds in seconds. I packed in road riding years ago. Too much traffic, too dangerous and always the danger of getting nicked.

Trackdays only! :thumbs: Roll on June. Off to the Slovakiaring and Bruno for 10 days of trackday tomfoolery... Can't wait!!

easternjets said:
A FRIEND got chased one night on a Ducati 916 SP that I'd just bought, SAME FRIEND vanished and hid in the drive way of a private house. The officer who was chasing MY FRIEND was recounting the story to another friend of mine who knew it was MY FRIEND on the bike, the officer didn't, and he told my mate that he estimated that MY FRIEND was doing 170mph!
MY FRIEND can't remember because MY FRIEND was shaking that much when MY FRIEND got off the bike that it took MY FRIEND nearly 15 minutes to clam down!
HE'D probably still be inside now if MY FRIEND got caught!

Fixed all that for you! :thumb:

A dangerous thread to start as everyone will end up being seriuosly peed off with the disparity. I will add to the anger though and put this link in to the BBC story.

When you read the story you will see someone who would have been disposed of many years ago (in Germany at least). Tweleve previous convictions before killing someone. Nine driving whilst disqualified :dont know: .

Number of motorists caught driving while banned rises

.....Some 14,500 people were caught driving without a licence last year, Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency data shows.

In total, 109,660 motorists were banned from driving, with the youngest being 12 and the oldest 94.....

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38887951

They need to stop all this human rights business for continual offenders and build a prison on some ravaged island in the Atlantic off Wales or Scotland. No television and no phone reception. Hopefully it will also be too windy for drones to fly drugs in.

HMG get a grip. Human rights for humans NOT animals unfit to hold a UK passport or live in this country.

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back