Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911tom's 3.8l engine build

FRP said:
iMI A

For sure. Don't know about Vmax as it's £500 is it not? But TV is much cheaper. !!

£395 but you should do it IMO if you can. Very cheap and relatively safe way to data log your car as many times as you like. :thumb:

I'm not booked on any yet but I will be getting on it. Have dates etc been announced?

Faried I think vmax200 offer the old price to existing customers if I remember right...

Yes if you go to their Facebook pages one is at the end of March and the other end of April. There will be a few more at Elvington, Brunters and Woodbridge later in the year too as you're aware

Thanks for the info....will DEFFO attend one or two of them,,,,,,dates permitting and most probably not before April as some finishing touches etc are required on the car

FRP said:
Thanks for the info....will DEFFO attend one or two of them,,,,,,dates permitting and most probably not before April as some finishing touches etc are required on the car

You'll definitely miss the first 'TV' day as you'll be in Germany.

=> http://www.terminalvelocityuk.co.uk/

Fortunately that wont be stopping you doing some high speed running that weekend. :thumbs:

UPDATE NO.2 now added to the first page. As I mentioned before I have decided to do it this way so the whole process is together in one place.

Looking good. I saw it on Monday when I called in to see how my parts collection was. Matt said he was hoping for great progress this week on yours.

MC

Good progress mate, you must be excited. 8) 8)

I'm eager to see your cold air feed solution, can you please post some pics of how you run the air pipes from the airbox to the turbos? I know it's pretty compact in there with the intercooler shroud taking up most of the available space.

Yeah I'm not yet sure how we'll do the intakes. Plan is to get the engine fully built up and dry fit it to see what space etc we have. I'll keep updating the thread.

Any further developments with your MC? Obviously you are being polite and letting Matt crack on with mine but are you decided on which way yours is heading?

911tom said:
Any further developments with your MC? Obviously you are being polite and letting Matt crack on with mine but are you decided on which way yours is heading?

No, waiting to see where you end up. I am not in any rush. The main difference to yours is that I will be going with straight gears and a guards LSD as I have a manual gearbox. I will be running a fabricated exhaust. The big unknowns are intercoolers and air feed. But I'll see what Matt comes up with for you on those.

MC

I really want a lsd but it appears as though there is no solution for the tip box as far as we can tell :sad:

I don't mind being the guinea pig!

Another week, another visit to Fearnsport. The engine is now fully built, all plumbing and wiring done so ready to fit. The car will be going on the ramp Monday for the engine to be fitted along with the new fuel lines etc. I have had to order a new kline exhaust now (thanks 9e) as my old exhaust will not fit correctly to the new turbos. Gutted to be loosing the 9e switchable as I love the way it works and sounds but no choice unfortunately.

I'll update the thread with pictures next week.

If anyone is in the market for a 9e switchable exhaust drop me a PM.

Another update on page one. Again edited the first post to keep it all together. Hopefully I'll be back in it at some point next week. It's been a long time coming!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renn27
Back