Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, new member and owner of a 996 C4S Speed Yellow

Thanks guys.

C4pperS - Its a mod worth doing and for £150 its totally worth it. I like your C4S, great extras inc PCCB :thumbs: not cheap to replace though.

Also, I would like to thank Sid and his team at Porsche Torque for looking after my car. Outstanding work and great knowladge, keeping my Porsche in top condition for many more years of fun driving :)

OP. Fantastic looking car with lovely history. Great to see 911UK members coming forward with background for you...

SY really gets under your skin...you end up randomly buying things like this cos you cannot walk past them... :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2275_151.jpg
    img_2275_151.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5,127
G2 said:
OP. Fantastic looking car with lovely history. Great to see 911UK members coming forward with background for you...

SY really gets under your skin...you end up randomly buying things like this cos you cannot walk past them... :thumb:

Thanks, Brilliant to find out about my 911 history and a great community here at 911uk :worship:

Hahaha, I totally see myself buying a model SY 911 :)

Congrats on your SY purchase :)

I caught the SY bug last year - here's the short version of my story...

Last December I flew to the UK to look at a 911SC. I took it to JZM to do a PPI and it didn't go so well. Whilst waiting I had a look around their nice collection of 911s and saw a SY 996 Turbo in the corner (didn't note it was LHD at the time). I remarked to the owner of the SC how SY has always been one of my favourite colours.

Got home, told my wife about the experience, and she said "good" (she doesn't like cars without all the safety bits) and said why don't you up the budget and find something newer :D

Found out the 996 Turbo was LHD and got on the phone to JZM and bought the car (over the phone) based on their reputation, and the fact that I bought a 964 Turbo from them a few years back. Got the car delivered just before Christmas - I still haven't registered it in Luxembourg or driven it yet :oops:

I then searched on Ebay for a minature to go in my cabinet with my other 1:18 911s and bought a matching model (well, apart from the interior).

As for how this story continues, you'll have to wait a couple more weeks, at which point it will be (hopefully) registered and ready to drive :thumbs:

Attachments

• porsche_911_turbo_996_turbo_s2664488_1_211.jpg
    porsche_911_turbo_996_turbo_s2664488_1_211.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 5,036
  • s_l16001_315.jpg
    s_l16001_315.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 5,036
Welcome to the SY family! Lovely Turbo, stunning and indeed very rare!
In fact I saw your very car advertised at JZM, stunning with great extras.
Gllad you went for the SY 996 Turbo in the end :thumbs:

I dont think you can go wrong buying a car from JZM
I would be itching to drive it already! Go on, just take it around the block :D
Look forward to hear more about your ownership and first drive!

Glad you are enjoying the car.

The wheel looks good- I always wondered if an alcantara wheel would work without an alcantara gearshift and handbrake, yours shows it does.

Totally agree Speed Yellow is the best colour!

Here's mine.

Attachments

• img_2532_186.jpg
    img_2532_186.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 4,944
Thanks Rob, The Alcantara wheel transforms the interior! A great driving feel and perfect match with the Headlining. I am considering having the gear knob and gator trimmed in alcantara, but I think it looks good the way it is :)

@Jay Man, That's a stunning SY Carrera (GT3 kit). Tell me more about your car?? My friend has the same 996.1 Carrera 2 with full GT3 kit (factory fitted) in Guards Red, stunning cars!

RichiRich said:
Last December I flew to the UK to look at a 911SC. I took it to JZM to do a PPI and it didn't go so well. Whilst waiting I had a look around their nice collection of 911s and saw a SY 996 Turbo in the corner (didn't note it was LHD at the time).

I saw your car at JZM in November. :thumbs:

I also saw this.

...... and this was parked outside.

WOW! JZM stock is amazing! Loving SY 996 and 993 :) I want them all.

Thanks JPlportugal :thumbs:

I do like the anthracite wheel colour on the SY turbo :) I am thinking to have mine powder coated Satin Black.... any thoughts??

Yas.SYC4S said:
Thanks Rob, The Alcantara wheel transforms the interior! A great driving feel and perfect match with the Headlining. I am considering having the gear knob and gator trimmed in alcantara, but I think it looks good the way it is :)

@Jay Man, That's a stunning SY Carrera (GT3 kit). Tell me more about your car?? My friend has the same 996.1 Carrera 2 with full GT3 kit (factory fitted) in Guards Red, stunning cars!

Thanks, I've had it a year, it's a C4 manual with 65k, factory kit, sports seats, pse, a top spec motor. I love guards red too as my 3.2 Carrera is that colour. They look really well with each other.

Love your steering wheel, may look to get mine done, how do they do it? Is it exchange?

Jay Man said:
Yas.SYC4S said:

Thanks, I've had it a year, it's a C4 manual with 65k, factory kit, sports seats, pse, a top spec motor. I love guards red too as my 3.2 Carrera is that colour. They look really well with each other.

Love your steering wheel, may look to get mine done, how do they do it? Is it exchange?

Great spec and certainly very rare to find one in SY with GT3 kit!! Have to attend a Porsche meet in our SY pokers this summer! Bring the Guards red 911 too, stunning car collection :)

Thanks, its a brilliant steering wheel and well worth it! Improves the driving feeling with an alcantara wheel. Yeah, either remove yours and post it to Royal Steering Wheels, Jack will post back the completed wheel. Or, if he has one in stock he will re-trim that to your spec and install it on site.
Will look great on your car too, complete the GT3 look!

Yas.SYC4S said:
Jay Man said:
Yas.SYC4S said:

Great spec and certainly very rare to find one in SY with GT3 kit!! Have to attend a Porsche meet in our SY pokers this summer! Bring the Guards red 911 too, stunning car collection :)

Thanks, its a brilliant steering wheel and well worth it! Improves the driving feeling with an alcantara wheel. Yeah, either remove yours and post it to Royal Steering Wheels, Jack will post back the completed wheel. Or, if he has one in stock he will re-trim that to your spec and install it on site.
Will look great on your car too, complete the GT3 look!

Thanks for the info, I think I might treat myself to match my headlining too :) PS I call my SY 'the colonel' as in mustard!

Yas.SYC4S said:
WOW! JZM stock is amazing! Loving SY 996 and 993 :) I want them all.

Thanks JPlportugal :thumbs:

I do like the anthracite wheel colour on the SY turbo :) I am thinking to have mine powder coated Satin Black.... any thoughts??

This is only my opinion, but I find black wheels and a yellow car a stark contrast - not that it is a bad thing... but I really like the anthracite and yellow contrast, though my wheels are gloss and it may have looked better with satin :dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back