Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT4.3 mod and restoration diary

About two hours, but all three LTTs have been staccato due to documenting (I kept having to get up and take photo - took about 60 in total, then put phone back out of harms reach so I didn't sit on it, kick it or cover with WD-40 or coolant!) - I had hoped to beat my previous time.

There was faff with the sleeper "ramps" and a good 20 mins wasted on the "quick release" hose clip - a good old fashioned jubilee clip would have been off in seconds!

I wasn't in a rush, I could visualise what needed doing, the sun was out and the music was on.

I suppose all going to plan, you could do in an hour.

There really aren't many stages (a drain plug, a hose clip and seven bolts)

I think I went out for a drive* afterwards for longer, but that took in OPC Hatfield and free food and drink and 991 brochures.

*I stopped every 5 miles or so to check the coolant level (continually monitoring oil, coolant and heater performances in the meantime) and refill.

Filled the remaining 2L over 40 miles.

I checked again this am and went for quick 15 mile drive this am (purge valve down) but taking 1L to Kent tomorrow, just in case.

GT4 said:
..... taking 1L to Kent tomorrow......

You coming for breakfast at Da Mount?? :dont know:

Erm :?:

Just before you, apparently!

Attachments

• capture2_652.png
    capture2_652.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 4,616
Loving your photoshop skills making the car look dirty.

GT4 said:
Erm :?:

Just before you, apparently!

I'll get a hang of this forum malarkey one of these days !

epicfail.gif

Looking forward to seeing the new car !

Scat wrap!

LTT seems fine.

70 miles at 79mph (M25 @ 7-8am Sunday morning) giving just under 90 deg C on oil temp and an average speed over the same distance of 31.4 MPG.

Attachments

• img_7678_185.jpg
    img_7678_185.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 4,479
how the heck do you get over 30mpg in a 911, do you roll down hills and only go up them if there's a good wind behind?

1) get a small engined one
2) fit LTT for better economy, not blended optimised emissions
3) drive with no traffic
4) as above, and let CC keep speed consistent
5) drive on a warm, low pressure (low air density) day*

*I guess I'll just have to try again in August
:dont know:

i'll keep an eye out for a 911 stuck at 55 on cruise control with all the lorries overtaking

That would probably clear 40mpg!

I meant I would try the experiment again under different temp (weather) conditions, I wasn't planning on changing more than one factor at a time.

#4 = 79mph

GT4 said:
alex yates said:
Loving your photoshop skills making the car look dirty.

No Photoshop. It's a Rat Wrap

Very effective it is too. It makes the car look stunningly filthy.

Having the number plates and wheels done really completed 'the look'. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back